Options

index of old Folder, Galleries, Images is not cleared

ablichterablichter Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
edited September 1, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I just added a map today and it shows lots of images in Folder/Galleries, which are not there anymore for at least a week.
Seems somewhere is the index not cleared/updated after Folders were deleted or images moved.
See the screen dump -> image points to ./Other/Test/i-PGNLsdd

EDIT: argh guys, you shouldn't do that with us ;-) When logged out everything is okay. So it must be the index of the logged-in user. It's not the browser cache, since its a new Map.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    I still see a different map when logged in, than logged out. To the right what I get when logged in (old content) to the left what customers see (o.k.)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    ablichter wrote: »
    I still see a different map when logged in, than logged out. To the right what I get when logged in (old content) to the left what customers see (o.k.)
    Logged in it could include photos from unlisted and passworded galleries.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Logged in it could include photos from unlisted and passworded galleries.
    Thanks Allen, but I see less and older pins to images when logged IN.
    Egypt/Sinai, Japan, Malta/Gozo, Denmark and Singapore do not show up when logged in.

A prominent example is the Folder "Japan" and its gallery "Yokohama" which is public. -> http://joerglingnau.smugmug.com/Travel/Japan/Yokohama and its images are to see on the map (to the left) only when logged out.
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    ping.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    one ping every day ...
    ... until someone acknowledges it as an issue or at least show that someone cares.
    PING!
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2013
    ablichter wrote: »
    ... Until someone acknowledges it as an issue or at least show that someone cares.
    Ping!
    PIng.
  • Options
    mishenkamishenka Banned Posts: 470 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    Frustrating isn't it? Have you tried to contact Help desk directly instead of posting in the forum?
  • Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    I'm usually hesitant to respond to a thread if I don't have a definitive answer.

I've looked at this thread a few times hoping for some self-enlightenment every time I read it, but am still stumped as to what the real problem is. Without higher escalation I don't expect anyone will have an immediate answer either.

It could help if you provided some more information about the images (galleries?) that aren't showing up. Were the privacy settings change at some point in time? Were they always public?
  • Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    Actually, I just looked into this further.

Here's what I did:
    - totaled up the map on the left (200)
    - totaled up the map on the right (200)

What's likely happening is, you have privacy permissions set on some photos that do NOT show up to logged out users (I saw 57 logged in in the phillippines, vs 31 logged out)

Logged out users *appear* to have more photos, but in fact it's just pulling the latest 200 photos that they have access to, which in your case, happens to create more photo clusters on the map.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    ! Remove the 200 images limit on maps.
    moiraine wrote: »
    Actually, I just looked into this further.

Here's what I did:
    - totaled up the map on the left (200)
    - totaled up the map on the right (200)

What's likely happening is, you have privacy permissions set on some photos that do NOT show up to logged out users (I saw 57 logged in in the phillippines, vs 31 logged out)

Logged out users *appear* to have more photos, but in fact it's just pulling the latest 200 photos that they have access to, which in your case, happens to create more photo clusters on the map.
    Somehow I missed your replies...
    Its not a more or less question. It seems to be the stupid limit on 200 images. When logged in more images from Germany and the Philippines gets into account (from unlisted galleries), and others (e.g. from Japan) are ruled out by the limit.
    And as said, when logged in some of those to see still not showing images because the links are broken / not updated. See the image from today.
    I expect to see all my images, regardless if logged in or out.