Options

"Filename as Caption" functionality broken

GRBlizzGRBlizz Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited August 19, 2013 in Bug Reporting
In Legacy, I gave my photos filenames that I wished to have used as captions. When the option "Use filename if an image has no caption" was turned to ON, the filename (minus the ".jpg") would appear in the caption spot, and would appear in the "Caption" field in the batch Captions and Keywords setting, so I could edit it if needed.

In New SM, I have this feature turned on, but the filenames are not importing into the caption field. Therefore, the filenames don't show in the collage portrait and landscape settings. And if I hack it to copy the caption into the caption field manually, then BOTH show up on the Lightroom view.

Images uploaded before the migration work fine, because the old software ported the filenames into the caption field, and that migrated fine. It's the new ones that are a problem.

I hope you can fix it.

It would seriously mess up my workflow if I had to start using Captions, not filenames, to describe images. Among other things, the Aperture uploader to Facebook only pulls in filenames, so I'd have to double-label everything. Ugh.

Comments

• Options
    martintylermartintyler Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    See my bug report here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=239112

The feature kind of works in the Lightbox view, but not in the gallery view - and it's actually 'filename as title' not 'filename as caption' despite what the help text says
  • Options
    GRBlizzGRBlizz Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    See my bug report here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=239112

The feature kind of works in the Lightbox view, but not in the gallery view - and it's actually 'filename as title' not 'filename as caption' despite what the help text says

Not exactly - the filename does not import into the "Title" field, even if it is displaying in that field in Lightbox. This is the worst of all worlds, because it can not be edited, and it creates duplication with any caption you do write.

I'm really baffled as to why the Heroes aren't responding to this.