Options

Customized Maps

huskerhuhuskerhu Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited October 28, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Rather than have an auto generated map using the MAP content block feature, is there a way to put a google map url in a custom HTML block and have it show on the page? I've tried embedding the URL from Google Maps, but the HTML editor gets all wonky and deletes things I don't want it to delete.

Comments

• Options
    lessphilinglessphiling Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 4, 2013
    I'm interested in this too. I'm not looking to map a location of photos but instead where my studio is and offer driving directions.
  • Options
    amf digital mediaamf digital media Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2013
    I'm a Google Trusted Photographer and would like to be able to highlight my work... A simple iframe from Google Maps would be the easiest way to do this, since there aren't any options to use the files I produce in Galleries. I wonder why SmugMug would remove iframes?
  • Options
    flytimeflytime Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2013
    I'm a Google photographer as well and would appreciate being able to embed maps/street view.
  • Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited October 28, 2013
    Well you could get an image of the map portion you are wanting to use, upload that to a gallery. Then you add the image to an html box with a link to the needed url to pull it up on google. It won't be a functioning map when added to the site, but the link will point to a proper map.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help