Options

NYX Template Questions

JimClarkJimClark Registered Users Posts: 305 Major grins
edited August 21, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I would like to make a logo to use in the upper left corner of my site in Photoshop. Was wondering how can I get the current dimensions of the logo box and also if I can make that whole left side panel a little wider?.
Thanks in advance

Jim
"Christianity, if false, is of no importance,
and if true, of infinite importance. The only
thing it cannot be is moderately
important." C. S. Lewis
http://www.photosbyjimclark.com/

Comments

• Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    I'm sorry there's not been any replies yet! I currently use NYX and would be glad to help! Do you still need assistance?
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2013
    Please I would appreciate it. The Photo's by Jim Clark Text in the Logo Box I would like to replace with a logo made in photoshop i have no idea asto what that size needs to be and also would like to know if and how I would change the width of that whole side panel on the left?
    important." C. S. Lewis
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    JimClark wrote: »
    Please I would appreciate it. The Photo's by Jim Clark Text in the Logo Box I would like to replace with a logo made in photoshop i have no idea asto what that size needs to be and also would like to know if and how I would change the width of that whole side panel on the left?

On my site, I used the photo content block to add my logo. My logo is much sharper using the photo content block and the original size setting in the photo content block menu. When using a photo logo via the logo content block, my logo was blurry no matter if I input the original 500px dimensions or re-sized to the 300px of the current one.

My original image is 500px x 90px. You don't have to go with those dimensions, but that's what mine is. Of course, if you plan for yours to be more square like your current text logo rather than rectangle like mine, your dimensions would be altered - more so if you alter the width of the container. The content block settings are: alignment left, go to url, info style off, center photo off, photo size original. The rest was playing with the margin settings for the content block (the ruler icon).

As for resizing the sidebar, I'd not yet attempted it, but found it! Publish your site. Then, return to customize, select 'entire site' then select 'layout'. Scroll down to 'sidebars' and change the number in 'left width' to your desired with. Make sure you use 'preview' before publishing so you can revert to previous settings if you don't like your changes and forget the original setting.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2013
    Here's the difference in the content blocks I mentioned. The top one is my logo via the photo content block as seen on my site live, the bottom is the logo using the logo content block.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2013
    Thanks very much for the info

Jim
    important." C. S. Lewis
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2013
    JimClark wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the info

Jim

You're very welcome! Let me know if you need additional help. Good luck!