Options

Random Folder/Gallery Thumbnails?

EricularEricular Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited August 21, 2013 in Bug Reporting
According to this help page:

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1230234-new-can-i-pick-the-thumbnail-for-a-gallery-page-folder

...if I don't set a "featured image", it will select one randomly. It also says I can find this setting on the "Appearance" tab.

It wasn't on the appearance tab, it was on the "Basics" tab. When I first migrated my site, all of my gallery thumbnails were of the first image in the gallery. If I set a featured image, and then un-set it, the featured image stays the same. There's never any randomization - not even once, much less on every site load, which is what I used to have, and what I'm trying to achieve now.

This help page is for the new Smugmug, so it should be what I'm looking for... right? :dunno

Comments

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    I hadn't seen that help page which clearly describes the feature, but since the new rollout there have been tons of posts about Random pretty-much-everything not being currently supported or at least not working.

Andy
  • Options
    EricularEricular Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    This gives me hope that the feature is implemented but broken, or else soon-to-be-implemented. Either way, the outlook is good.
  • Options
    PlumbLocoPlumbLoco Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Just been trying this myself and it certainly doesn't work. I can change the image used by selecting a different image from within the gallery, but the help page does say that if the choice is left blank the image will be randomized... However, all that happens is it simply goes back to the first image in the gallery - no use at all.

Geoff