Mo Betta Webinars

a_mumforda_mumford Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited August 19, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I would love it if there was a webinar or set of tutorial pages that go's through in detail the "higher" level organization of Smug 2.0 and details where certain "settings" options live what different "objects", (pages, folders, galleries), are intended for and how best to set up your site for different workflows, casual photography, weddings, events, sports, etc.

I've been struggling with finding "settings / options" for different things with Smug 2.0 for a while now and it's only just becoming apparent to me some of the difference between say Gallery settings available available in the "organize" mode and in the "Customize Site" mode.

My tiny brain doesn't really get right out of the box why I can only tweak some gallery settings in one view and not in another and while I fully understand there is an intent and reason for it, it's not obvious when you first come to the site.

As good as the webinars have been - I would ask you to plan something more that a "walkthrough" with one or two questions & answers afterwards ...

... and yes diagrams / powerpoint slides / overhead projector pages, would be welcome :drums

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Hi, and thanks for the suggestion. These are a work in progress, and you should watch our YouTube and other social media - heck, even here - for announcements about them once they go live! mwink.gif

I assume you've seen our help docs? Just in case, this set should help a bit:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/topics/538093-new-smugmug-content-management/articles

a_mumford wrote: »
    I would love it if there was a webinar or set of tutorial pages that go's through in detail the "higher" level organization of Smug 2.0 and details where certain "settings" options live what different "objects", (pages, folders, galleries), are intended for and how best to set up your site for different workflows, casual photography, weddings, events, sports, etc.

I've been struggling with finding "settings / options" for different things with Smug 2.0 for a while now and it's only just becoming apparent to me some of the difference between say Gallery settings available available in the "organize" mode and in the "Customize Site" mode.

My tiny brain doesn't really get right out of the box why I can only tweak some gallery settings in one view and not in another and while I fully understand there is an intent and reason for it, it's not obvious when you first come to the site.

As good as the webinars have been - I would ask you to plan something more that a "walkthrough" with one or two questions & answers afterwards ...

... and yes diagrams / powerpoint slides / overhead projector pages, would be welcome drums.gif