Options

Adding Links with HTML

DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
edited August 20, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi Everyone,

I personally have had a LOT of problems with using the HTML content blocks. One of these I'm going to touch on is adding links. I can't for some reason add an anchor element inside any other element. Not a span, not a paragraph, not a header. Nowhere. And I want to use classes with different parts so I NEED them inside elements.

I've also had problems with spaces between normal text and links.

Has anyone else been having similar problems?

Comments

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    The HTML blocks seem quite sensitive to "valid" HTML, stripping stuff that it doesn't understand. Can you post an example of some that you want to use but couldn't get working?

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    [HTML]<p><a href="http://www.mydomain.com">Click here</a> to learn more!</p>[/HTML]
  • Options
    Andi NicoleAndi Nicole Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    DanCarl97 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I personally have had a LOT of problems with using the HTML content blocks. One of these I'm going to touch on is adding links. I can't for some reason add an anchor element inside any other element. Not a span, not a paragraph, not a header. Nowhere. And I want to use classes with different parts so I NEED them inside elements.

I've also had problems with spaces between normal text and links.

Has anyone else been having similar problems?

FOLLOWING - I'm having the same issues!

IE: Please visit my Portfolio and Facebook (Portfolio and Facebook are highlighted as a link using the link button)

Ends up looking like

Please visit my
    Portfolio
    and
    Facebook

What huh? No matter what I do it will not stay in one line. AND then when I try to remove the links....it will not do it. Is this a SM bug?
    Andi Nicole
    www.andinicolephotography.com
    "A day is lost if one has not laughed"
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    Its a bug and I already told the help desk. What I did is use <div class="p"></div> instead the regular <p></p> tags. Then in my CSS I added this:
    .p { padding-bottom: 1em;}

Here is part of my home page HTML box:
        <div class="p">Welcome to the <a href="/" itemprop="url"><em itemprop="name">Images in the Backcountry</em></a> website! My name is Mike Matenkosky and I&#8217;m a Central Valley California photographer specializing in fine art landscape, nature and wildlife photography. From the smallest bird to the largest mountain; I love it all, but my passion is <span itemprop="specialty">Landscape Photography</span>. I just love seeing what God has created!</div>
        <div class="p">I encourage you to spend some time browsing my online galleries and I hope you find that perfect photograph for your home or office. If you&#8217;re looking for something that you don&#8217;t see here, visit my <a href="http://www.imagesinthebackcountry.com/blog/" title="Images in the Backcountry Blog">nature photography blog</a>. I post all of my new pictures here first, and some of those images never get posted to my <a href="/portfolio/" title="Landscape, Nature, Wildlife, Black &amp; White and Inspirational Galleries">online nature gallery</a>. So I encourage you to <a href="http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=ImagesInTheBackcountry&amp;loc=en_US">subscribe to my blog</a> with updates and new pictures via e-mail.</div>
        <div class="p">If you have any questions, feel free to <a href="http://www.imagesinthebackcountry.com/contact-me/" title="Contacting Mike Matenkosky">contact me</a> and I&#8217;ll be happy to help you!</div>

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    And you can't get that to work in an HTML content block? I added it to the bottom of my homepage without any trouble at all.

** edit: it did add and it did appear to work but you are right that the html was botched. when i went back into the content block the had moved ahead of the

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    aschendel wrote: »
    And you can't get that to work in an HTML content block? I added it to the bottom of my homepage without any trouble at all.

** edit: it did add and it did appear to work but you are right that the html was botched. when i went back into the content block the </p> had moved ahead of the <a>

Andy

Yes, that's what causes me the problems. It would be great to use a class on a whole paragraph for example, but it puts the links outside that so I've had to add the class to each link now.

Thanks for your help guys. Hopefully SmugMug will fix it soon (And add JavaScript)! Haha