Options

Easier transition for customising pages and duplicate pages

ElouisaGeorgiouElouisaGeorgiou Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited September 29, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I'm finding it really time consuming to reproduce my pages. I don't like the way galleries appear still however I do like the the way you can display multiple photos within pages I think this far more visually impressive than the gallery display options, so display my galleries within pages under the multiple photos content block.

However I'm finding it incredibly time consuming to keep reproducing what is pretty much exactly the same page but with different galleries attached to the multiple photo display. I'm also baffled how you can't make the transition from gallery to gallery and page to page within the current customisation mode but can to the homepage. You have to keep going back to the smugmug home page to to 'browse', find the page you want to work on then take that into customisation. Its very long winded....

transitioning needs to be improved and the option to perhaps save pages as a template and work off that template in future.

Comments

• Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2013
    I agree and was just about to post a feature request for the same thing! I'd started making a blog using pages weeks ago. I loved the idea, but quickly found that it was too time consuming to drag each content block for every single post. It would be fabulously handy to have a way to duplicate pages or at least a template of them. My blog had: title, text, divider, text, photo, text, photo (varied according to the content), divider, text, divider, title, wufoo, title, text. It looks great and is simple to do, but does require more time than say Wordpress or Blogger etc.
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2013
    ...I'm also baffled how you can't make the transition from gallery to gallery and page to page within the current customisation mode but can to the homepage. You have to keep going back to the smugmug home page to to 'browse', find the page you want to work on then take that into customisation...

I also would like to be able to navigate all content live rather than have to save, navigate and re-open, but I assume it's to ensure content is saved. Alternate ways to navigate to your content pages:

1. Creating a navigation menu. Once you save the page you're working on, just select from navigation and click 'customize'.
    2. Via organizer. Quickly browse your site (great time to utilize the organization abilities of Folders, Galleries and Pages) and find the content you want to edit. Click done then customize ( or in the case of pages, a text will display offering to allow you to customize the page).
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.