Options

Bulk Cropping Thumbnails

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
edited October 9, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
The NewSmug needs to have Crop Thumbnail configured the same as legacy. Now you
have to do one at a time clicking each time thru the tools menu. Legacy site you could bulk
crop thumbnails marching through them all.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2013
    So where is bulk cropping thumbnails? Another thing that was dumped that om legacy had.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2013
    Oh man. This is BAD. It was annoying enough in Legacy to have to reset the crop ratio for every photo, but at least when you clicked SAVE it moved to the next photo. This is a disaster.

Please fix!!!
  • Options
    garrettm30garrettm30 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited September 27, 2013
    I also find this extremely annoying. There is some sort of bulk "Adjust Thumbnails" in the Organizer, but I can't figure out how to make it work in any meaningful way. It appears it only sets between square or original to the selected photos. I'm not sure why we would even need to individually switch between square and original when we can already switch on a gallery basis as a gallery setting.
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    Today i played with the gallery style "Thumbnails" and Square Thumbs On/Off. When i switched back to "SmugMug"-Style all my custom crops were gone. I had to crop most of my photos of that particular gallery again which is a pain if you always have to use the wrench icon.

Where's the old legacy editor, when you can start crop thumbnails and after you click "Save" you will be redirected to the next icon in the queue... ???

+1 for get bulk cropping thumbnails back...
  • Options
    afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2013
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    Where's the old legacy editor, when you can start crop thumbnails and after you click "Save" you will be redirected to the next icon in the queue... ???

+1 for get bulk cropping thumbnails back...

Just to be clear - in my opinion, there has never been native bulk cropping in Smugmug. What they did have that you describe (clicking Save goes to the next image) was 100 times better than what it is now, but it was not true bulk cropping. There was once a hack that created a full page of croppable thumbnails and you could do an entire gallery of hundreds of photos at a clip of roughly 1 image per second.

I've been moaning about bulk cropping for years and SM has never fully responded.

Your post is completely right except I wouldn't qualify SM changing to their old system as getting bulk cropping "back". A step in the right direction, certainly, but they really need to implement true bulk cropping.

**End Rant**