Options

Change size of page elements

FunguyphotoFunguyphoto Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited August 21, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I just can't seem to understand how to change some basic elements of my site. I would like to make changes to the white "bar" across the top of my site but cannot figure out how to control things like the height, color, transparency, etc. Are these attributes of a page un-changeable?

i-8hKT8hD-XL.jpg

I've looked in the content sections but this (of course) only changes the Text size and position.

i-kJgN4nW-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    More...
    I'm wondering why we could not have something like my (pathetic) sketch below where the size and position of the design elements could be defined by a user "clicking and dragging" or entering pixel dimensions into a dialog box.

i-sPc7bFM-XL.jpg
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    The only way I found to shorten the header bar was to limit how many content blocks I had in it. I then adjusted each of those blocks' padding to zero at the top & bottom. I have to admit, it was confusing at first.Especially since the padding numbers are grayed out, something that to me is usually a color que that a value cannot be changed.

The color is modified via a theme. It's parameters are found in the middle tab, in the tool side bar.
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Did you figure out the header colors? That's built-in to the Theme, Active Theme, Settings, Background tab - there is a Header section so you can just pick what color it is.

I compressed my navigation bar (I don't have any sub-navigation) with this CSS:
    /* there is a space for sub-nav that doesn't go away by itself... */
    .sm-page-layout-region-header .sm-page-layout-row:last-child
    {
      display:none;
    }

Then I adjusted the Margins of my header via the little Carpenter's Triangle icon that shows when you hover over the menu in the Customizer (in the Entire Site).

HTH,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2013
    Thank You...

I'm happily switching colors and messing around with sizes. I hope to switch to a new look soon!

Jim