Options

Place logo

markwbmarkwb Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited January 30, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I'm a newbie on SmugMug. All I want to do is replace the title... mark baker photography with my logo. Can't be that hard can it?

HELP!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    markmicallefmarkmicallef Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Assuming you used a Logo block to insert the "mark baker photography", just go into "customize site", go to "Entire Site" hover over the "mark baker photography" text click on the wrench to edit, select the Image tab, I think you can take it from here.
  • Options
    IWLSR5IWLSR5 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 21, 2013
    It's quite easily actually. Upload your logo into an unlisted gallery. I've noticed that if your put it in a private gallery, the logo doesn't show up in chrome unless you are logged in. Go into the customizer and click on the big red box where it shows the text name of your site. Clear the text that is in the text box. Click on the image tab and then click the button on the image line. Select your logo from the unlisted gallery. You can resize it if you wish and then click done and publish it.
  • Options
    mprunermpruner Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2013
    Thanks!
    IWLSR5 wrote: »
    It's quite easily actually. Upload your logo into an unlisted gallery. I've noticed that if your put it in a private gallery, the logo doesn't show up in chrome unless you are logged in. Go into the customizer and click on the big red box where it shows the text name of your site. Clear the text that is in the text box. Click on the image tab and then click the button on the image line. Select your logo from the unlisted gallery. You can resize it if you wish and then click done and publish it.

I have been having issues and your advice here helped HUGE!
    Thanks,
    Mike

mpruner.smugmug.com
  • Options
    CocoriahCocoriah Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2014
    This has totally helped me as well!!! Thank you!! Will my unlisted content show to folks viewing the website?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited January 30, 2014
    Cocoriah wrote: »
    Will my unlisted content show to folks viewing the website?
    From the help page at http://legacyhelp.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93309:
    Unlisted galleries aren't visible on your SmugMug homepage and aren't included in search engines.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2014
    Cocoriah wrote: »
    This has totally helped me as well!!! Thank you!! Will my unlisted content show to folks viewing the website?

If you're using the standard Folder or Galleries Blocks, unlisted folders or galleries will not show to the public.
    (Note that you now have the option of making a Folder, unlisted. In legacy the folder showed unless you set all galleriies in it to unlisted. Now you need to also set that folder to Unlisted, in addition to the galleries.)

However, if you add a Menu block:
    - Adding a folder link with the subcontents turned on to show, the unlisted galleries in the folder won't show to the public
    - But if you manually add a link to an unlisted gallery directly, this WILL show to the public. Adding a link in this way is the equivalent of giving the link to someone so they can click and directly visit the gallery.