Options

Wanting folders on homepage to link to gallery

bernardpearsonbernardpearson Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited August 21, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all,

On my legacy site www.bernardpearson.com I had my homepage setup to view Gallery catagoies.
With the rollout of the new smugmug those catagories migrated over as folders that are now displayed on the homepage. On the legacy site I had it setup so that when you clicked on a image (catagory) it would take you directly wthin a gallery. I think I may have had some code that would display within the gallery.

I have not been able to find any settings on either the homepage or folders settings to allow custom urls to be added to direct you to within a gallery.

I have attached a pic that may visually explain a little better.

Any suggestions/help

Thanks

Bernard Pearson
www.bernardpearson.com

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Edit the homepage in the customiser, remove the default Folders block (or Folders, Galleries and Pages, whichever is present on your Homepage). Replace it with a Galleries block which you can customise to show exactly the galleries you want.
  • Options
    bernardpearsonbernardpearson Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Hi Lamah,

Thanks for your suggestion however using the content block doesn't work either. Using the content block the hover over no longer works, and doesn't give you the ability to put in a URL to navigate exactly where you want.
    If anybody else out there can help!!

Adding to the above. I just want to create a block that has images, and I what to place a custom URL, so when you click an image it navigates to a custom URL (ie a particular gallery)

Thanks
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    I have what (I think) you are describing. What used to be categories are now folders on my home page. Each is a links to. Click on the thumbnail takes me to the sub-categories and folders within it. Visitors can either navigate to particular galleries using these folders or from my menu bar.
    So if some-one cares to look at my site and see how I accomplished that, you might be able to help Bernard. (Goodness knows he needs it, living in Canberra with all those politicians!!!)
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    BloozeBlooze Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    I had what I think is the same problem. I had a couple of "folders" that just had one gallery in them, my "Most Recent" and "Favorites". I dragged the galleries themselves onto the "root" folder and this seemed to work, but it put them in a galleries block and now my page looks wonky with these two gallery thumbnails up at the top by themselves.

http://rollinghillsimagery.smugmug.com/browse