Options

Questions about Content Blocks, Highlighted Areas, Tools, Saving...

Michelle S.Michelle S. Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited August 21, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm working to build my "New SmugMug" website (I'm loving the new options so far!)...

But I have a growing list of questions - the answers to which I have not yet found on dgrin or at help.smugmug.com ...
    When I ADD or MOVE Content Blocks:
  1. So far the only way I've been able to get them side-by-side is by dragging the Content Block around on the screen until it looks side-by-side.Is there an easier way to line Content Blocks side-by-side?I'd like to avoid html as much as possible (one of the many things I love about the New SmugMug).

2. Is there a way to make the "Highlighted Areas" visible so I know where I can put new Content Blocks? So far, I've been having to guess, and sometimes when I add a Content Block, I run into the next question:

3. Sometimes the Content Blocks DISAPPEAR after I've added or moved them AND:

4. The disappeared-Content Blocks still show up in the Editing-Content Tab (for whichever page I'm editing at the moment).

1. I get no response from clicking on the Setting icon that is in the Editing-Content Tab next to the name of the disappeared-Content Block. My only option at this point is to Delete the Content Block and try to add it again, keeping my fingers and toes crossed that THIS time I'll get lucky and not mess up again.

2. How do I either (a) avoid this happening in the future? and (b) find the Content Block after it disappears (but still shows up in the "Content" Tab)?

[*]On the pages I build, I can see 4 Tool icons when I hover over a Content Block: (1) Move (2) Dimensions (3) Settings (4) Trash/Delete. In the Editing-Content Tab, there are only 2 icons: (1) Settings and (2) Trash/Delete. Is there any way to see all 4 icons in the Editing-Content Tab?

[*]Is there any way to UNDO an action (such as accidentally deleting a Content Block)?

[*]In Legacy SmugMug, when I was in the Advanced Customizer, I was able to Email myself the settings so that I could see what I had built, in case I needed to go back in and rebuild something that I broke during a new edit.Is there any way to SAVE the pages I build?

Ok... I think that's all I have for now. Please help me as I don't want to pull out any more hair than I already have!

:dunno
Michelle Smith

Portland, Oregon: Portrait, Architectural, and Environmental Photography

http://www.michellesmithphotographer.com

@MichelleSPhotog