Options

About Me Page

jmstudiosimagingjmstudiosimaging Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited August 22, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I was wondering how I could go about making an About Me Page?

My site is at

http://www.jmstudiosimaging.smugmug.com/

Thank you,

Jimmy

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Click the Organize link at the top of the page, then Create Page (not Create Gallery, as you seem to have done on your live site). A page is like a gallery, but is completely blank with no reserved area for photos to appear in.

After creating your page, you can add whatever you like to the page by going to Customize -> Customize Site, for example you could add a text content block and then write some bio information in there.

Personally, I have added a modified Profile content block to my About Me page:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/About-me

I posted a tutorial on how to turn the default SmugMug Profile content block into what I've got, here:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Expand-your-Profile-block
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    Click the Organize link at the top of the page, then Create Page (not Create Gallery, as you seem to have done on your live site). A page is like a gallery, but is completely blank with no reserved area for photos to appear in.

After creating your page, you can add whatever you like to the page by going to Customize -> Customize Site, for example you could add a text content block and then write some bio information in there.

Personally, I have added a modified Profile content block to my About Me page:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/About-me

I posted a tutorial on how to turn the default SmugMug Profile content block into what I've got, here:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Expand-your-Profile-block

Thank you very much :)
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    Thank you very much :)

How do you make it where text is all jumbled together?
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly, do you have an example of what you're referring to?
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly, do you have an example of what you're referring to?

I have some info typed in my about me section and its all jumbled look at my site

jmstudiosimaging.com
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    Did you add a Text block, or an HTML block? You probably want a text block, because in the HTML block, linebreaks in the source don't actually cause a new line to begin on the page.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    Did you add a Text block, or an HTML block? You probably want a text block, because in the HTML block, linebreaks in the source don't actually cause a new line to begin on the page.

I added a text block.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    That's really odd, I can even see the linebreaks in your sourcecode, and yet the different paragraphs you've got there don't end up separated on the page. I wonder if that's a browser-specific bug. When I do it with a text block in Google Chrome, it works fine:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Test/n-t6LqN

Try removing your text block, and instead add an HTML block. Paste this code into it:
    I am a professional photographer shooting Fashion, Beauty, and Editorial photography.<br/>
    <br/>
    I have been capturing photos over the last five years. Shooting mainly modeling portfolios while moving into the Fashion and Beauty genres after noticing the creative outlet that it gives me and the enjoyment I get out of the photos. <br/>
    <br/>
    My style of shooting is aimed for magazine publication and agency use. I shoot in studio and on location. <br/>
    <br/>
    &#8203;I am also a photographer and contributor to alternative Gorgeous Freaks Magazine.<br/>
    <br/>
    Contact me for booking.<br/>
    <br/>
    Magazines I have been published in:<br/>
    <br/>
    InPrint Photo Magazine Issue #9 April 2012, Color Theme "On the Wings of the Butterfly.<br/>
    <br/>
    Victory Girl Magazine Issue #6 May/June 2012, Pin Up "She Doesn't Know What to Wear?"<br/>
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue # 9 July 2012 "Featured Photographer"<br/>
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue #10 August 2012 Pin Up Theme "Allison"<br/>
    <br/>
    InPrint Photo Magazine Issue #14 September 2012 Fashion Issue "Victoria Secret."<br/>
    <br/>
    Ink Pushers Magazine Issue #6 November 2012 "3 page Spread"<br/>
    <br/>
    Ink Pushers Magazine Issue #8 January 2013 "Callie Jane"<br/>
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue #13 January 2013 "Callie Jane Interview"<br/>
    <br/>
    The Cat's Meow Magazine Issue #17 February 2013 "The Living Canvas"<br/>
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue #15 March 2013 "Roxi Nite"<br/>
    <br/>
    Ink Pushers Magazine Issue #10 June 2013 "Boom and Sharynn"<br/>
    <br/>
    InPrint Photo Magazine Issue #19 June 2013 "Country Fashion"<br/>
    <br/>
    Unique Modeling Magazine Issue Summer Fashion Issue July 2013 "Bridal Dress Fashion."
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue #18 July 2013 "Courtney Armstrong."<br/>

Basically, I've edited the code to end every line with "<br/>", which forces a manual linebreak on the page and should hopefully fix that problem.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    That's really odd, I can even see the linebreaks in your sourcecode, and yet the different paragraphs you've got there don't end up separated on the page. I wonder if that's a browser-specific bug. When I do it with a text block in Google Chrome, it works fine:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Test/n-t6LqN

Try removing your text block, and instead add an HTML block. Paste this code into it:
    I am a professional photographer shooting Fashion, Beauty, and Editorial photography.<br/>
    <br/>
    I have been capturing photos over the last five years. Shooting mainly modeling portfolios while moving into the Fashion and Beauty genres after noticing the creative outlet that it gives me and the enjoyment I get out of the photos. <br/>
    <br/>
    My style of shooting is aimed for magazine publication and agency use. I shoot in studio and on location. <br/>
    <br/>
    &#8203;I am also a photographer and contributor to alternative Gorgeous Freaks Magazine.<br/>
    <br/>
    Contact me for booking.<br/>
    <br/>
    Magazines I have been published in:<br/>
    <br/>
    InPrint Photo Magazine Issue #9 April 2012, Color Theme "On the Wings of the Butterfly.<br/>
    <br/>
    Victory Girl Magazine Issue #6 May/June 2012, Pin Up "She Doesn't Know What to Wear?"<br/>
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue # 9 July 2012 "Featured Photographer"<br/>
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue #10 August 2012 Pin Up Theme "Allison"<br/>
    <br/>
    InPrint Photo Magazine Issue #14 September 2012 Fashion Issue "Victoria Secret."<br/>
    <br/>
    Ink Pushers Magazine Issue #6 November 2012 "3 page Spread"<br/>
    <br/>
    Ink Pushers Magazine Issue #8 January 2013 "Callie Jane"<br/>
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue #13 January 2013 "Callie Jane Interview"<br/>
    <br/>
    The Cat's Meow Magazine Issue #17 February 2013 "The Living Canvas"<br/>
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue #15 March 2013 "Roxi Nite"<br/>
    <br/>
    Ink Pushers Magazine Issue #10 June 2013 "Boom and Sharynn"<br/>
    <br/>
    InPrint Photo Magazine Issue #19 June 2013 "Country Fashion"<br/>
    <br/>
    Unique Modeling Magazine Issue Summer Fashion Issue July 2013 "Bridal Dress Fashion."
    <br/>
    Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Issue #18 July 2013 "Courtney Armstrong."<br/>

Basically, I've edited the code to end every line with "<br/>", which forces a manual linebreak on the page and should hopefully fix that problem.

I fixed it with just spacing it out more, I copied and paste it instead of typing it all out which probably is what caused the problem to start with.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    How do you make a contact me form?
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    I believe you enter your email address on your Profile page (click your username at the top right, then Profile). Then you can go to the customiser, click on "entire site" at the top right, then edit the settings for your menu block. Use the settings to add a contact link to the menu.