Black Rose! (3 images)

RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited December 21, 2005 in People
Well I thought I would give a shot at portrait photography. So my Girlfriend and I went out to the local park and took some shots. Hope you guys enjoy them.
Critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

47789383-L.jpg

47789389-L.jpg

47789396-L.jpg

Ryan
BMW Tech
Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM

Comments

• RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    I'm not one to bump my own stuff. But I was wondering what your thoughts are on these.
    Is it good or bad that there are no replies lol.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    BMW Tech
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    I like them. It seems a bit of a contradiction that she is in the outdoors with all that black leather :) It seems like her wear is more of a city dress rather than outdoorsy park dress. At the same time I like the change. :)
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    The shadows seem a bit harsh in # 1 and #3. You might try shooting earlier in the day. The second one does not suffer from the harsh light, but it seems a bit flat. Maybe you could use some curves on it and maybe a layer with soft light to round it out a bit. Very nice poses.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    Thanks for the great comments and critiques. I will keep all that in mind. I think the low dof on #2 is my fault I just love my telephoto and probly use it some times when I shouldnt.

Thanks again,
    Ryan
    BMW Tech
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    Harsh light
    It would seem to most people that shooting in the bright light is the best way to go. Actually not, moving to the shade would have helped.

The 2nd one is pretty good :)
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • Alexandra_MarieAlexandra_Marie Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2005
    Coloring
    Ok, I keep coming back to these and I finally decided what has been buging me about them. The first and third ones are cool (I like #1 best). The coloring under the eyes and on the nose just seems off and distracts me on the second one.
    I agree that shadows on the others are kind of harsh, but I think it adds to the photos, especially with the way the model is dressed.
    thumb.gif
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the ones that take our breath away.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2005
    These are nice.

They all would have benefitted from some fill flash. You need to learn how to use this when shooting portraits outdoors.