Options

How to exit without publish now or later

schatautschataut Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited August 23, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

At times I makes changes and then click one to get out. The options I get is:

1. Publish now - visible to everyone
2. Publish later - not visible to everyone however it will be saved and later on when I do publish this change will be included
3. Cancel - go back to editing mode.

However there are times when I do make some change but at the end I do not like it and don't want to save it. How do I do this? Looks like a missing feature or am I the one missing something :scratch

Thanks in advance for any help.

Surya

Comments

• Options
    OjaOja Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Have you tried simply closing the window or tab?
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    You can revert.

On the top right, where you have "entire site" \ "all folders" \ "all galleries", once you make a change there's a curved arrow next to them. Click it to revert to what you had last published.

This is NOT perfect, because when exiting the customize mode you will stiil be asked if you want to publish or not.
  • Options
    CynthiaMCynthiaM Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    schataut wrote: »
    Hi,

At times I makes changes and then click one to get out. The options I get is:

1. Publish now - visible to everyone
    2. Publish later - not visible to everyone however it will be saved and later on when I do publish this change will be included
    3. Cancel - go back to editing mode.

However there are times when I do make some change but at the end I do not like it and don't want to save it. How do I do this? Looks like a missing feature or am I the one missing something headscratch.gif

Thanks in advance for any help.

Surya

I keep hitting the back button on the browser.
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    CynthiaM wrote: »
    I keep hitting the back button on the browser.

Thanks! I used to do this too, but forgot this option.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    Thanks a lot, this helps. It would have been nice if they had given the option of exiting without saving. I was going to try the back button as well but once I messed up lot of things doing something random and now that I have my site up to a decent state I did not want to try funky things :)
  • Options
    guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Thanks a lot, this helps. It would have been nice if they had given the option of exiting without saving. I was going to try the back button as well but once I messed up lot of things doing something random and now that I have my site up to a decent state I did not want to try funky things :)

Your request is valid, I have had the same problem many times & the "revert" option does not always work, sometimes I have to change the gallery or folder back to standard losing all customization just to get rid of the bit I didn't want.

Closing the tab stops the changes from taking place but they are still there in the background next time you go into customize. You are correct we simply need a "cancel changes" or "do not save" option.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    I ended up opening up a request; not sure if there was one. Vote please:

http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/4331749-besides-publish-now-publish-later-there-is-sho

Thanks.
  • Options
    krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    schataut, I tried to vote and I wrote a comment and then had to enter a 'voice password'. Well, no matter how loudly I yelled my SM password at my monitor it still rejected my SM pw so this is either something new or something unknown to me. Sorry. Voter suppression perhaps?
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. My comment was:
    "Absolutely necessary. It's like a car maker tells a new owner 'here is your new car. If we get enough complaints we will work on making brakes.'
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    www.charlesdalyphotography.com
  • Options
    billwbillw Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    I ended up opening up a request; not sure if there was one. Vote please:

http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/4331749-besides-publish-now-publish-later-there-is-sho

Thanks.

I voted.
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    schataut, I tried to vote and I wrote a comment and then had to enter a 'voice password'. Well, no matter how loudly I yelled my SM password at my monitor it still rejected my SM pw so this is either something new or something unknown to me. Sorry. Voter suppression perhaps?
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. My comment was:
    "Absolutely necessary. It's like a car maker tells a new owner 'here is your new car. If we get enough complaints we will work on making brakes.'

My apologies - they asked for setting password and without much thought I ended up setting it up not knowing it would do this :) Let me figure out how to remove the password - also I will add your comment :) Thank you.
  • Options
    krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    No worries.
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    www.charlesdalyphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    I deleted my profile - hopefully that solves the issue. Can you please try again.