assigning price lists in the new smug mug

Sheilah77Sheilah77 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited April 18, 2016 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I couldn't find a direct answer here, as everything I looked at referred to legacy smugmug. I have 2 price lists, one is default the other is not. To assign the other price list, I can't find tools. I go to the organizer, click on the gallery and click the tool icon, I get this... (see screen shot). The only option is download, and then settings. I must be missing it somewhere. Is there another location I should be? I know about setting the price lists in my accounts pane, but see nothing there for assigning price lists to certain galleries. Also, is there a way to batch set them?

Help please....
Thank you.

Comments

• zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    The default pricelist is always assigned to all galleries on your site. To take a specific gallery and to assign a different pricelist to it, in that gallery click Customize > Set Prices. A window will pop up where you can choose which pricelist to apply.

I hope this helps!
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    The default pricelist is always assigned to all galleries on your site. To take a specific gallery and to assign a different pricelist to it, in that gallery click Customize > Set Prices. A window will pop up where you can choose which pricelist to apply.

I hope this helps!

Any rhyme or reason to what tools are under what menu? Why make things more complicated than they used to be on the new, cleaner, simplified smugmug?

Dave
  • Sheilah77Sheilah77 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 22, 2013
    Thank you Zac, brilliant. I have been so confused, over so many other aspects of this, I think I went brain dead. Appreciate your fast response!
  • beechcreekbeechcreek Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 28, 2013
    still can't assign my price list
    Hi Zac, I'm still having trouble assigning my custom price list to galleries in my new smugmug pro account. I read your post on this, but can't find a way to select the price list. I'm a newbie, so would appreciate your help.
    edited August 28, 2013
    Hi Beech,

Most likely you are all set right now. If you are logged in as the account owner we will always show the base/default prices. Try logging out of your account and view the gallery buy menu as a visitor would to see what they will be paying.

If you post a link to your site I'd be happy to take a look for you :).
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • GBerdanGBerdan Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 9, 2013
    This feature needs to be easier to find. I had a hard time just finding this post in the forum. Please add this to the drop down tools menu so we can work faster and not have to dig for the answer and the setting. It would be more natural to have this feature in the tools drop down in the organize site page. It should also be part of the folder settings. Redundancy shouldn't be that big of a deal. As of now, it is in the last place I would have thought to look.
  • bbyparitbbyparit Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 23, 2014
    Newer Version?

I hope this helps!

I do not have that option in my SmugmugPro account. "Customize" does not have "set prices" or anything remotely like it.
    I would have expected it to be under Customize>Gallery Settings>Shopping. But it is not.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    bbyparit wrote: »
    I do not have that option in my SmugmugPro account. "Customize" does not have "set prices" or anything remotely like it.
    I would have expected it to be under Customize>Gallery Settings>Shopping. But it is not.
    You would need to have a gallery open in order to see the option.
    • open gallery
    • Customize...
    • Set prices

Full help for pricelists can be seen at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-how-do-i-price-photos-in-order-to-sell-them-.

--- Denise
    bbyparit wrote: »

It sounds like you might have a Portfolio account, in which case you will not see the Set Prices button. The reason is because you have one active pricelist which is automatically applied to all galleries and photos on your site. You can manage your active pricelist (or change to a different one) in the Account Settings > Business tab > Selling page.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • pward76pward76 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2016
    It sounds like you might have a Portfolio account, in which case you will not see the Set Prices button. The reason is because you have one active pricelist which is automatically applied to all galleries and photos on your site. You can manage your active pricelist (or change to a different one) in the Account Settings > Business tab > Selling page.

So do I reset my defaulrt and create my new gallery or will resetting change all existing galleries as well?
    WHat is a "portfolio account" anyway?
    edited January 22, 2016
    pward76 wrote: »
    WHat is a "portfolio account" anyway?
    There are 4 account types. Two allow selling at a profit, Portfolio and Business accounts. Portfolio accounts can only have a single active pricelist; Business accounts can have many. There are other differences as well.

See Which plan is right for me? and https://www.smugmug.com/features.

--- Denise
  • vespa501vespa501 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 17, 2016
    I have to say, I hate the new design!
    I agree with the previous user, this is much more complicated to use and I work only in the digital field!
    My question is the same as his. I've a few times this week, set a custom pricelist for new galleries. I created another new gallery this week, and that option is not available for this gallery. what gives?
    edited April 18, 2016
    vespa501 wrote: »
    I've a few times this week, set a custom pricelist for new galleries. I created another new gallery this week, and that option is not available for this gallery. what gives?
    How are you trying to assign a pricelist to the gallery? I assume based on your question that you have a Business account, not a Portfolio account (since Portfolio only allows a single active pricelist).

I see two methods, one starting in the gallery, and one starting in the pricelist.
    • With the gallery open, I see SELL in the top line of icons. If I click SELL I can assign a pricelist.
    • With the pricelist open, I see "THIS PRICELIST IS APPLIED TO" then a number of galleries and a number of photos. If I click on galleries I can click through to the gallery and assign a pricelist.
    --- Denise