to Gus, Skippy and all the other Ozzies in Ozzyland!!

rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
edited December 12, 2005 in People
Maybe you heard it in the news that on Friday there was the draw on the who against whom question in the 2006 Soccer World Cup in LEIPZIG, Germany.
The evening before 35,000 people stood hand in hand on a 4km long track on the streets of Leipzig to form the biggest national team by symbolicly uniting the 32 participating countries into one big team. Here we're in the Ozzy sector and I immeadiatley had to think of guys - Gus, Skippy and the others - this is for you:
47789826-L.jpg
(sorry that I blew the picture - I just was too excited :cry - feel free to improve it - here's the original)

Here's another one the big party on the streets.

Enjoy!

Sebastian
Sebastian
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2005
    Maybe you heard it in the news that on Friday ....
    Sebastian, I did vaguely hear on Sunday morning news that "we" had to play Japan in something and then play the eventual winners next. That'd be it then? Gus, Skippy, help - , "I know nothing". I do sort of follow Australian Rules except it seems to be called something else now, and there is a Rugby thing, which involves mud and gsgary posts the proof. I'm not really football literate.

If I'm being represented in something that someone else (times many thousands) thinks important enough to represent me in, I'll make the effort to be a representee (?) and find out something about it. Any tips, when and where and any names I should pretend to already know well, captains or anything (just til I learn the basics). . .
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    Sebastian, I did vaguely hear on Sunday morning news that "we" had to play Japan in something and then play the eventual winners next. That'd be it then? Gus, Skippy, help - , "I know nothing". I do sort of follow Australian Rules except it seems to be called something else now, and there is a Rugby thing, which involves mud and gsgary posts the proof. I'm not really football literate.
    Hey, I'm no football literate either - actually I don't care much about football games and I haven't barely watched one. :uhoh
    But the thing over here in Leipzig wasn't something you could easily avoid and besides it's fun to see all the people and it gives also some opportunities from the photographic standpoint. thumb.gif
    Just did a quick google search and this was hit number one and definately looks like the link to give you a start on football in Australia and beyond. :D

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    Tks sebastian. Soccer isnt big here but its certainly growing faster than any other sports. There has been a lot of interest since the socceroos last win.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    Ah yes soccor. Its starting to take off here. I must admit tho I almost never watch matches I did get very excited watching our penalty shootout finish against Uraguay.

We drew a very tough first round though:uhoh
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso