Options

site structure problems

kmlkml Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited August 24, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have a problem with my galleries and folders that I just can't seem to figure out how to fix.

I used the "browse" for my portfolio link and it goes nicely to all the galleries.

But when I click on one, it goes to a page that I need to click on that individual item again before it goes to all the images in that gallery.

The URL to get to all the images in one of the galleries is structured like this: http://www.photographybykml.com/Landscapes/Landscapes

How do I get it to go to all the photos in the gallery without clicking through that extra page?

I am very puzzled and don't know where to start to fix it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Kathy

Comments

• Options
    pignannypignanny Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    If I understand your issue correctly everything is working as designed. That said, if you are looking for a gallery to automatically open "if" it is the only gallery in a folder I do not believe that functionality currently exists in the new smugmug. For that matter it didn't exist in the old one either. It took specific code to make a single gallery automatically open.
  • Options
    James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    kml wrote: »
    I have a problem with my galleries and folders that I just can't seem to figure out how to fix.

I used the "browse" for my portfolio link and it goes nicely to all the galleries.

But when I click on one, it goes to a page that I need to click on that individual item again before it goes to all the images in that gallery.

The URL to get to all the images in one of the galleries is structured like this: http://www.photographybykml.com/Landscapes/Landscapes

How do I get it to go to all the photos in the gallery without clicking through that extra page?

Kathy
    The best way that I found was to create a link in the menu pointing directly to the page you wish displayed.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    pignanny wrote: »
    If I understand your issue correctly everything is working as designed. That said, if you are looking for a gallery to automatically open "if" it is the only gallery in a folder I do not believe that functionality currently exists in the new smugmug. For that matter it didn't exist in the old one either. It took specific code to make a single gallery automatically open.

I was hoping it would be an easy thing to fix as I have seen other sites that open their galleries without that second page to click through. I must have something in the structuring that I can't figure out
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    in organize , you drag the folder up one level into the folder above
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    basflt wrote: »
    in organize , you drag the folder up one level into the folder above

when I am in organize, I have the folder icon which shows as a folder in the Portfolio link on the website.
    when I double click on the folder icon, it opens to the gallery icon. When I click on that, I get all my images.

I tried dragging the gallery icon into the folder that hosts it, but it doesn't work. I tried dragging all the images into the folder icon and no go there either.

I wonder if I set everything up wrong originally. Perhaps there should be no folder icons only the gallery icons under my site name.

I am very confused
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    drag the gallery one level higher then the parent in which it already is
    it will highlite when its possible
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    basflt wrote: »
    drag the gallery one level higher then the parent in which it already is
    it will highlite when its possible

I see where that works but it creates an empty folder in the portfolio page. I think I am just to the point that I will have to live with it.

Thanks for all your help!
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    give the folder a name
    then drag your images in it
    ( select all , then drag )
  • Options
    VNemethVNemeth Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    kml wrote: »

Kathy[/QUOTE

Kathy
    Images cannot be held in a folder. They need to be in galleries. So when you click on your portfolio link it takes you to a group of folders then when you click on that folder it takes you to the galleries in that folder. Since you only have one gallery is Sports & Landscapes for example drag those galleries out of their folders and into the Portfolio Folder in Organize site. Then eliminate the Sports & Landscape folders. So when you click on Portfolio it will show the Sports & Landscape galleries and clicking on them will open the images. This should work.

I love your images on your site. The watermark is very distracting. I would recommend making it more transparent and even consider moving it off center.

Vic
    www.vnemeth.com