Options

SM Gallery View - Hight of Preview photo varies

phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited August 24, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Not sure if this is a bug or a browser issue, but i have tested that on Opera12 and Firefox23.

In SM Gallery view when you have selected a landscape photo and then move forward to a portrait photo all elements beneath the photo (i.e. title, description, photo count with photo tools buttons and keywords) change position for about three pixels along the y-axis.

See screenshot. These are two photos from the same gallery, left is landscape, right is portrait. I have highlighted the photo info elements and if you have a closer look you will see they do not have the y-axis-position on screen.

If you have mixed landscape and portrait a lot then these elements move always up and down when walking through the photos using arrow left/right.

Everything above the photo (i.e. the breadcrumb > "Animals") is fixed...

Not on high priority but one of these many UI glitches...

Comments

• Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Yeah...that'll make it rather painful to just scroll through the photos using those arrows.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    pbandj wrote: »
    Yeah...that'll make it rather painful to just scroll through the photos using those arrows.
    Why I always used the top nav on legacy.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    Allen wrote: »

Not much bigger as the new ones... that's why i always used arrow left/right on the keyboard. If it comes to the new prev/next arrows i would have expected they get the same look as the prev/next page on the thumbs block. This would be more logical.

Anyway... the problem here is that the text jumps up and down.
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    Allen wrote: »

Yes, I liked the nav buttons at the top as well to avoid the "jumping around" problem. Seems like they could have thrown the page numbers / arrows up above the photo...that would reduce space available for the gallery caption but it would have been my preference.