Options

Homepage menu size

BrotherWolfBrotherWolf Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited August 25, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
The text of the menu on my homepage is always one smaller than on all the other pages, I'm altering the size via the "Entire Site" option...can anyone suggest why?

.....and if anyone knows which CSS I should be altering to change the BG colour of the children in said menu, I'd be grateful.....I'd rather go for some sort of transparency thing but can't see it mentioned.

To see the menu problem please head for my mostly but not quite finished site http://stuartwilding.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    The text of the menu on my homepage is always one smaller than on all the other pages, I'm altering the size via the "Entire Site" option...can anyone suggest why?...http://stuartwilding.smugmug.com/
    What CSS are you using? If you use point size instead of pixels it seems to override themes better and
    look the same on all pages.
    font-size: 10pt;
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Sir_EagleSir_Eagle Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013

.....and if anyone knows which CSS I should be altering to change the BG colour of the children in said menu, I'd be grateful.....I'd rather go for some sort of transparency thing but can't see it mentioned.
    Here's my code for the dropdown. Red text will change the background color.
    .yui3-menu-item>.yui3-menu-label{
       padding: 1px 35px 2px 8px;
       [COLOR=Red]background-color: rgba(2,2,2,0.1);[/COLOR]
       font-size: 16px;
       border: 2px solid #555;
       border-radius: 5px;
     }

• Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    What CSS are you using? If you use point size instead of pixels it seems to override themes better and
    look the same on all pages.
    font-size: 10pt;

Hi Allen....I'm not using any CSS to create the menu, just the bog standard one that comes with SmugMug by default. However it insists on making the text smaller on the homepage. What bit of CSS defines the menu size.....sorry for being an idiot but I haven't worked with CSS since I last had a go at altering the Legacy smugmug pages.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    This could be caused if you're using different themes.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    This could be caused if you're using different themes.

THANKS! I have two custom themes with only a few tweaks between the two. It seemed that the homepage was using one whilst the rest used the other, because they are so similar I hadn't noticed.

Thanks again.