Thinker

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
edited August 31, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    I like the expression on the subject and the geometry of the pillars that frames the scene. Nice that he is looking at a book instead of a screen. A university?
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    mayfly wrote: »
    I like the expression on the subject and the geometry of the pillars that frames the scene. Nice that he is looking at a book instead of a screen. A university?

Thanks. He definitely was into his book, he does look like a student but this was shot at the main square of Coyoacán, a very old town (1521) that got swallowed by Mexico City, it actually was the first capital of New Spain for a couple of years. The house in the back is the house of Hernán Cortez the Spaniard that conquered Mexico. Nowadays Coyoacán is a cultural center with art galleries, bookstores and restaurants.
    edited August 30, 2013
    What about this in color? I think I like it better.

cz_2013_0080-78-XL.jpg
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    What about this in color? I think I like it better.

nod.gif Gotta' agree Cristóbal - the complementary tones and geometry really work well in color - nice one!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    I love the shot, Cristóbal. I believe the color version to be the superior one. Good work.thumb.gif

I've seen that both you and Eric are more active in " documentary " lately. I don't tread those waters very often but I'm happy to see both of you bringing your own perspective to that playing field. Keep it up....a breath of fresh air is always welcome.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JaimorJaimor Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    I like the shot in color better I think. Really cool and love the back story as well. I originally would have thought student prepping for his first year of university as the initial shot had a very familiar vibe to it: anxiety, terror and excitement for the upcoming year.
    edited August 31, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    nod.gif Gotta' agree Cristóbal - the complementary tones and geometry really work well in color - nice one!

Thanks Eric.
    I love the shot, Cristóbal. I believe the color version to be the superior one. Good work.thumb.gif

I've seen that both you and Eric are more active in " documentary " lately. I don't tread those waters very often but I'm happy to see both of you bringing your own perspective to that playing field. Keep it up....a breath of fresh air is always welcome.

Take care,

Tom

Thanks Tom, I really like street photography and would like to get good at it. It is hard though.
    Jaimor wrote: »
    I like the shot in color better I think. Really cool and love the back story as well. I originally would have thought student prepping for his first year of university as the initial shot had a very familiar vibe to it: anxiety, terror and excitement for the upcoming year.

Thanks, you may be right about him being first year student, but I don't sense the anxiety, I think he is pretty relaxed and pondering about what he has just read, or his girlfriend or the rest of his life...