Baloon seller

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
edited September 10, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Great capture of color and shape Cristóbal! B&W not needed here...
    What really caught eye is the contrast in cultural activity - the traditional and the non - of the two young men.
    It seems that everybody has their head buried in portable electronic device these days!
    Fun shot!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    I like the shot and the two guys with attention on anything but selling balloons. I think I would crop in tighter, the people in background are distracting and empty space on left not needed. Maybe lighten up the faces a bit if possible. Seems a tad underexposed. Nice capture of these guys lost in their other worlds.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Great capture of color and shape Cristóbal! B&W not needed here...
    What really caught eye is the contrast in cultural activity - the traditional and the non - of the two young men.
    It seems that everybody has their head buried in portable electronic device these days!
    Fun shot!

Thanks Eric.
    I like the shot and the two guys with attention on anything but selling balloons. I think I would crop in tighter, the people in background are distracting and empty space on left not needed. Maybe lighten up the faces a bit if possible. Seems a tad underexposed. Nice capture of these guys lost in their other worlds.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, I will give them a try.
    edited August 30, 2013
    Revised version
    He is a different crop with some dodging
    cz_2013_0080-34-XL.jpg
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Nice. Really focuses you on the two.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Hey Cristóbal,

I love the color palette in this shot. I swear, though, I can't see any difference between the two versions as far as cropping goes.....looks identical to me.

Please don't tell me that my old eyes are failing me:D

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited September 2, 2013
    Hey Cristóbal,

I love the color palette in this shot. I swear, though, I can't see any difference between the two versions as far as cropping goes.....looks identical to me.

Please don't tell me that my old eyes are failing me:D

Take care,

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Your eyes are not failing you. The original version was a rectangular crop that had more space on the left, the second version is a square, tighter crop. What happens is that when I upload the revised version to my site, for a while dgrin shows both versions, but eventually it reverts to the current one on all links posted.
  • JaimorJaimor Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2013
    I have to say I really love this shot. The colors are what really make it though. If the balloons didn't show off such positive colors I think it would have been a bit drab. They really make the guy playing on the guitar look cool though. Nice, work, thanks for sharing.
    edited September 10, 2013
    Jaimor wrote: »
    I have to say I really love this shot. The colors are what really make it though. If the balloons didn't show off such positive colors I think it would have been a bit drab. They really make the guy playing on the guitar look cool though. Nice, work, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your comments.