Options

Trouble Mdofiying Theme

MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
edited August 26, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I am using the Balsa Texture on my site, and want to change the accent color to my own.

I go to my homepage
Click on Customize
click on entire site
click on themes
click on the wrench next to the current theme (balsa)
in the pop up, I change the name to DZP balsa
then change the accent color to my yellow: #f9eb0c
The colors change in the background to reflect the change
I click on the done in the them pop up, but nothing happens.
If I remove the name or just not type it in, it says I need a new name.
If I just try to click on the done in the upper right of the screen to publish the change, I get an error that says I need to save changes.

What am I missing here?

Comments

• Options
    2day2day Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    I'm having the same trouble. Did you get any advice on this? ne_nau.gif
    Lois Doubleday
    www.imagingthat.co
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    This has been a problem for the past few days and I was banging my head into the wall until I figured it out how to get changes to stick. Here is what has been working for me, and I know it doesn't make any sense...

"I go to my homepage
    Click on Customize
    click on entire site
    click on themes
    click on the wrench next to the current theme
    in the pop up, I change the name to DZP balsa"

Don't change the theme name. I know that you gave your customized theme a different name but there appears to be no way to get back to it. Leave the name as it shows in the popup, make the color changes you want to make, click Done, click Done in the green bar, then Publish. Whatever you do, don't try to preview the changes before committing to them or you will end up with a Copy of Copy Whatever Theme and you'll never be able to get back to the one you've been working on.

I'm not live yet...when I click Customize I see my site exactly as I want, but every time I click Done and Publish Later all I see is the standard unmodified template, and trying to preview just creates endless Copy of Copy of Copy of Theme with no way to get back to modified theme and I had to start from scratch so many times it isn't even funny.It's obviously not working properly right now, hasn't for a few days. There are a few posts about it in the thread for people to show off their new site but maybe we need to post in the Bugs thread.