Basketball at the Forbidden City

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
edited August 29, 2013 in Street and Documentary
I found this amusing. These are soldiers raising the flag at the Forbidden City but it looks like they are standing at attention for the basketball net.

Communist%20Bball-L.jpg
David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Does the flagpole extend beyond what we see? That is the most visually interesting element. I do not sense at all that the basketball net or structure has anything to do with them being at attention.
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Not sure about the flagpole. Have you been to China, specifically The Forbidden City? The soliders are very serious. You would be amused if you had.
    My Website
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    I like the WTF of very serious military men and a flag, on a 'kids' playground with a purple basketball pole. Almost like kids in a military school.

Does look like a short flagpole and that huge flag will drag the ground. Must go up through the trees.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    I've been looking at this for a few days now and I like it. What strikes me most is the contrast of colors, bright red, green and purple. The flagpole question remains, it doesn't seem to be taller than what we see...l
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    I asked someone familiar with the Forbidden City why the pole was so short and it turns out that it isn't actually a pole. The flag is first put onto a short pole to keep it straight. The short pole is put onto the pulley system of a larger poll out in front in Tienanmen Square.
    My Website