Options

Change font size of Tag line message

AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
edited August 30, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Is it possible to increase the size of the tag line that can be added to one's site title?
I would like mine "Sports photography - Kingston SE" to be slightly larger.
Thanks for any help/guidance
My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
www.acecootephotography.com

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Try this:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-logo .sm-page-widget-logo-subtext.sm-page-widget-logo-m {
        font-size: 18px;
        }

• Options
    edited August 26, 2013
    Hi Mike - thanks for that ... BUT some strange behaviour is going on here.
    I can see the change when I am in customise, but as soon as I click "Done" and "Publish Now", it reverts back to what it was.
    If I go back into Customise (entire site), I immediately see the change. It just is not active in the published state.
    Now I'm hoping you will have a clue (because I don't have any / zero / zilch / none)!!!!
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
  • Options
    James_FJames_F Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Hi Mike - thanks for that ... BUT some strange behaviour is going on here.
    I can see the change when I am in customise, but as soon as I click "Done" and "Publish Now", it reverts back to what it was.
    If I go back into Customise (entire site), I immediately see the change. It just is not active in the published state.
    Now I'm hoping you will have a clue (because I don't have any / zero / zilch / none)!!!!

This is a real shot in the dark here. I've noticed the same behavior from time to time. I'm using only Safari on my Mac for a browser. What was suggested to me by Smugmug support was to close my Safari pages, go into my Safari preferences, find the Smugmug cookie (which might include from time to time, caches and other local data), and remove that cookie. Then, go into Safari and empty the cache (from the "Develop" menu) and then restart your smugmug page(s).

I am no expert at all on this. All I know is when I am getting the kind of behavior you are seeing, I'll do the aforementioned and it seems to work (most of the time).

What one would do to solve this with other browser software is unknown to me.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion James. Cleared Smugmug cookie and cleared cache. Restarted Firefox ...... but no solution I'm afraid!!
    I get the larger tag line when I am logged in ... but original small size when I log out. I appreciate you taking to the time to let me know this. thumb.gif
    So the mystery still continues ...... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2013
    Bump ... in hope!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    Is it possible to increase the size of the tag line that can be added to one's site title?
    I would like mine "Sports photography - Kingston SE" to be slightly larger.
    Thanks for any help/guidance
    Try this.

.sm-page-widget-logo-text-container h2 {font-size: 150% !important;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2013
    Thanks for that Allen ... but it only works whilst I am in "customise". As soon as I press "done" it reverts back to the small default size.
    I appreciate you taking the time to supply that code.
    It works, but something seems to be happening within Smugmug that prevents it from actually "sticking"
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    Thanks for that Allen ... but it only works whilst I am in "customise". As soon as I press "done" it reverts back to the small default size.
    I appreciate you taking the time to supply that code.
    It works, but something seems to be happening within Smugmug that prevents it from actually "sticking"
    Where did you put the CSS?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    In CSS block for "Entire Site"
    Thanks for looking again
  • Options
    James_FJames_F Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    In CSS block for "Entire Site"
    Thanks for looking again

Allen: I wonder if there some border, margin, padding or some size container CSS setting or issue that's, in effect, overriding his enlargement of the tag line text?
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    Thanks for you suggestion James. Much appreciated you taking the time to think about this.
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    Solved! Solved!
    Solved!! clap.gif
    I moved the CSS code further up the list of code so that it was the second piece of code.
    Works a treat now. Larger tag line whether I am logged in or not.

So big thankyou to Mike, James and Allen. You guys are fantastic to give so much of your time and knowledge so freely. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Very much appreciated.