Options

A Different Look

FunguyphotoFunguyphoto Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited August 25, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm very pleased with the new Smugmug and delighted that I can achieve a nice modern look without having to bother the folks on this forum who patiently guided me to the custom look of my old site. There is a nice selection of templates to start from and it is relatively easy to customize.

But... I would love to be able to take what I have created so far and expand upon it. I really have no idea how to even start on this and thought I would post a few images here in hopes that someone here might steer me in toward my goals.

My site is here www.jwpictures.smugmug.com

I have not found a "folders" layout I like in any of the templates I've tried (there might be one I have not seen). My "top level" folders page looks like this...
i-FcZR37H-XL.jpg

I would like to have a "folders" page that looks something like this...
i-2cHf4bP-XL.jpg

My question is... How would I go about getting something as different from the available templates as this?

Comments

• Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    I'm very pleased with the new Smugmug and delighted that I can achieve a nice modern look without having to bother the folks on this forum who patiently guided me to the custom look of my old site. There is a nice selection of templates to start from and it is relatively easy to customize.

But... I would love to be able to take what I have created so far and expand upon it. I really have no idea how to even start on this and thought I would post a few images here in hopes that someone here might steer me in toward my goals.

My site is here www.jwpictures.smugmug.com

I have not found a "folders" layout I like in any of the templates I've tried (there might be one I have not seen). My "top level" folders page looks like this...
    i-FcZR37H-XL.jpg

I would like to have a "folders" page that looks something like this...
    i-2cHf4bP-XL.jpg

My question is... How would I go about getting something as different from the available templates as this?

Very clean and simple. I love the design. I can't help you with the folders but I do suggest having your blog and G+ link open in a new window or tab so that you don't navigate away from your website.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    How do I change that?
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    How do I change that?

attachment.php?attachmentid=38309&stc=1&d=1377454485
    My Website
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    not sure why it doubled up but when you customize the site and click on the links. That option is under the Links Tab. Should be the same for the theme you chose.
    My Website
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Humm...

The top links change easily. I can't figure out how to change the ones on the bottom of the page.

i-h3k94Gw-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    the ones on the bottom you cannot change. I have requested a fix for that but so far no reply
    My Website