Options

CSS and Padding

BrotherWolfBrotherWolf Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited August 26, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I want to tighten up a couple of areas of my site. Can anyone point me in the direction of the CSS class I need to reduce the padding around the breadcrumb above my galleries and the bit around the nav bar/menu at the top?

http://stuartwilding.smugmug.com/ If you want to see the site in question.

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Try this:
        /* Navigation */
    .sm-page-widget-1570774 .sm-page-widget-content {
        margin: 0;
        }

/* Breadcrumbs */
    .sm-breadcrumb {
        }

• Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Thanks for the reply Mike but it isn't working. I'm not sure if it's the padding in the box the text is in that I need to alter. I tried your code in reverse by ADDING 50px and that worked, so it seems that it is already at 0px and the padding must be elsewhere.

On a different note, the recent changes to my CSS has resulted in one long string whereas in the past it has always been listed downwards in easy to read sections. Anyone knows what that is?
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Try adding '.sm-user-ui ' to both of the codes (in front).
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget .sm-page-widget-content {
    	}

.sm-user-ui .sm-breadcrumb {
        }

• Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Cheers Mike, not sure why the magic words worked but they did! Now If you know why the CSS has become all one line....that would be very helpful. Otherwise all this CSS might just become too confusing.

Thanks again for the help on the original problem...I'll muck about with it till it looks right but at least I have something to work with.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Cheers Mike, not sure why the magic words worked but they did! Now If you know why the CSS has become all one line....that would be very helpful. Otherwise all this CSS might just become too confusing.

Thanks again for the help on the original problem...I'll muck about with it till it looks right but at least I have something to work with.

I put all of my CSS in my theme CSS, so I don't have an issue with that. That said, I think SM minifys the code after you post. Nothing you can do about it until SM changes that. You could save your code in a text editor, like 'Notepad++' and then just copy/paste when you need to change the code. That's what I do.
  • Options
    Sir_EagleSir_Eagle Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Now If you know why the CSS has become all one line....that would be very helpful.

Had it happen in one of my CSS boxes today after making some changes. Turned out to be I didn't add the ; after one of the codes I added. Put it in and everthing dropped like it should.
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2013
    Thanks for the help and suggestions guys....one thing I should mention though, if anyone else uses the code. I had to add px behind the 0 to get it to work. I'm currently using figures of 10 for the Navigation and 20 for Breadcrumb.