Options

Blue Moon at the Beach..

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited September 1, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
My original intention was to get it juuust cresting the horizon, I even borrowed a looong lens from a friend. Then of course I get an overcast horizon so I went to plan B. The odd part to me is that I'm sort of meeehh about the shot.... but the reaction from my friends has been off the charts. I'm even printing a few for a couple of them and I've been asked about canvas prints. I don't dislike the shot but I don't exactly "get it"... Sometimes I wonder if I'm paying enough attention to the right shots. :dunno

p1671806911-4.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    very nice. good work.
    I agree.
    Regarding your comment, maybe this shot is not so much about the moon itself, but the moon light. the way it reflects on the wet sand and the bridge is very nice.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    I'm with your friends.....I like it a lot!
    Cristóbal's reasons seem about right...
    Sometimes, it is very difficult to assess our own work... it's weird like that.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    I really like this a lot thumb.gif
  • Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've been rolling over the whole question of assessing my own work. I think what it boils down to is visualization. This shot is LOT different from what I was visualizing when I set out that night (and was setting up for). I had a certain emotional investment in creating that image and when I had to shift from that I think i just categorized it as something of a disappointment even though this is probably a much better outcome that what I'd been initially visualizing headscratch.gif. Or in other words one of the "happy accidents" that I occasionally and deliberately go looking for. I can think of quite a few shots I have that fit this. My friends rave and while I DO appreciate it I internally think of t as a compromise. I need to get over that, cut back on being a control junkie and just appreciate my good fortune when it happens.

This creativity stuff can be enlightening ne_nau.gif
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Options
    rcrjphotosrcrjphotos Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    You did an impressive job no matter what your intention was. I like it very much.