Options

Purchase on Mobile Devices

jtmdmd1jtmdmd1 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 19, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
It seems that there should be the ability to purchase photos on mobile devices as there was & is on Legacy SM & any other system (PhotoReflect). This is a definite step backwards as are several other omissions in the new program. I have had several clients that have questioned me about the limited mobile device functionality of the new SM- everyone purchases things on their phones & iPads- I don't know if this is a bug or what. SM help response-

James,

Thanks for writing. There are a lot of possible features that can be added to the mobile app and as we're considering them, we'll add your vote towards this feature.

Thanks!
xxxx

Comments

• Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    Voted & hoping everyone who wants mobile purchases will also go vote!!!
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    BirdsEyeViewImagesBirdsEyeViewImages Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 18, 2013
    No option to purchase via mobile? Really?
    I just spent two weeks building my SugMug site only to find that 80% of my visitors (Mobile) cannot purchase anything. I am VERY upset. I can't believe in this day and age when mobile browsing is so popular that SmugMug does not allow us to either turn off the mobile viewing option (like the old site did) or to allow purchasing via the mobile website. The VERY LEAST you could do would be to add a "purchase" link on the mobile site pointing to a notice that tells visitors they have to view the gallery on a desktop to purchase.

The way it is now most of my visitors have NO IDEA that they can purchase anything when the access my gallery via a mobile browser.

This is a BASIC feature and SmugMug has really dropped the ball. Thanks for taking my $300 SmugMug, my gallery is useless to me and my clients. :soapbox
  • Options
    leightonocleightonoc Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2013
    ditto! what he said!
    Leighton

Nautical & Travel Photographer

http://leightonPHOTO.com