Options

Allow for a user-modifiable All Pages template

JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
edited January 31, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Right now the new SM has templates for the Entire site, for All Folders, and for All Galleries. There is no user-modifiable template for All Pages. Pages offer some interesting new options in the new SmugMug. For example, besides stand-alone information pages, my new site will use them, combined with a new folder tree, to provide a secondary organization for my galleries. The native organization is by topic. The secondary organization will be by year. The bottom level nodes won't be galleries. They will be pages holding content blocks that point to galleries. I think its really neat that the new SmugMug will let me do that in a straightforward way. But what that means is I will have lots of pages. It's not impossible to build each from scratch, but it will be way easier for me (and anyone else who finds creative ways to use pages) with an All Pages template.

Jim Ringland
jtringl.smugmug.com (still in legacy + sandbox mode)
Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    Jtring wrote: »
    ...but it will be way easier for me (and anyone else who finds creative ways to use pages) with an All Pages template.

Or at least it should be possible to create templates that can be saved and loaded/applied from other pages. Same for galleries and folders. Something like the "Quicksettings" in gallery settings but for everything, like layout, theme and content.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2013
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    Or at least it should be possible to create templates that can be saved and loaded/applied from other pages. Same for galleries and folders. Something like the "Quicksettings" in gallery settings but for everything, like layout, theme and content.

Just being able to save a copy of a page and use that as a starting point for the next page meets many of the needs. -- Jim Ringland
  • Options
    MotoriderMotorider Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    I also feel this is necessary, but as phaserbeam mentioned, even more important to me would be the ability save & apply different templates.
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2016
    I know this thread is old, but this is something I would also really like. Has it been added or has someone figured out a way around it??
    ~Athena
    Athena Carey Photography

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." - Edward Estlin Cummings
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2016
    An empty folder can do everything a page can do. It connects to the folder template, not a separate page template, of course. You'll have to disconnect the new empty folder from the template to do anything interesting, but at least the folder template provides a way to initialize things. It's not a perfect work-around, but it helps.