Options

garbled smugmug pages with linux/firefox

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited December 18, 2005 in SmugMug Support
This seems as likely to be a linux/firefox bug as a smugmug bug, but I might need a little help here first in order to submit a good bug to the firefox people.

This happens on linux/fc4 with all the most recent updates (via yum) and either firefox-1.5 or 1.0.7. Views of my galleries and control panel are garbled enough to be unusable. Examples:

47869886-L.jpg

47869898-L.jpg

What makes this hard to report to the firefox people is that these views are both "logged in" views. I can't reproduce for public views and I don't want to give my smugmug password in the firefox bug report.

Any help greatly appreciated.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    I'll make sure JT sees this.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    Hey Rutt, any chance that you've looked at your site with konqueror? Just wondering if konqueror gets it messed up too.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2005
    Konquerer doesn't seem to have the same problems, but is very slow, relatively.

I guess it will be an OK workaround for the time being. Thanks.

I'd still like to figure out what's up with firefox, though.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    I did a little little more work on this, trying to narrow down to something I could actually report as a firefox bug (or perhaps an X bug). I saved the source of my garbled control panel, thinking that if I loaded it as a file or put it on my own server, I'd be able to reproduce the problem. But, actually, no. the saved source renders just fine.

I find that pretty confusing? Is it a clue to anyone else?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I did a little little more work on this, trying to narrow down to something I could actually report as a firefox bug (or perhaps an X bug). I saved the source of my garbled control panel, thinking that if I loaded it as a file or put it on my own server, I'd be able to reproduce the problem. But, actually, no. the saved source renders just fine.

While I have seen similar issues with Firefox, it hasn't been a problem for me since I started using smugmug. I put Gentoo on the new laptop and I've used Firefox 1.0.x and 1.5.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    rutt wrote:

Are there any scripts that you have on your page that you access using a relative url? You may have forgotten to use the full url when you started using the local page source.

ne_nau.gif just a thought.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/