Captions in fullscreen mode

lonestarladylonestarlady Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 27, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I have migrated to the new Smugmug and I am using the Smugmug theme. I am not able to see captions when in fullscreen.

Comments

• mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    Hi,

Can you let me know what you are referring to? A link and a screenshot would help. My titles and captions appear in both Full Screen browser mode as well as lightbox mode.
  • beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    Perhaps the OP means they're not showing after hitting the "play" arrow (triangle @ bottom-left corner) when in full-screen? For me, they do show when in static full-screen but do not show when I hit the "play" arrow. I'd assumed that's how it's supposed to be.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2018

well, i've been with smugmug / dgrin since 2005.. love it.
    It has been a while since I have posted but I noticed an OLD problem that is STILL a problem! If I (or someone I invite) is clicking through the pics full screen (lightbox?) - you don't see the captions I spent time entering. Sure if you mouse over the pic it pops up from the bottom of the screen, but that is not how people look at pictures on your site, they just hit next, next, next.

Particularly if using keyboard Arrow keys, you do not see any Titles or Captions. If using mouse, then I see the Top of the Title (it is cut off), and I have to mouse towards the bottom of my screen to get it to scroll up to the point I can see the Caption.... why not just make room to show any titles or captions, and LEAVE them there, not dissapear.... make it an option or something.

Why would this still be an issue is beyond me (at least 5 years, same issue)

I do have "power" account so I assume someone will chime in with a fix I could use... but I had stopped doing "fixes" with the "new" smugmug as it is pretty darn good now... but I still don't understand how this has never been addressed.

https://smugmug.com/gallery/n-wRzkCG/i-Mqth675/A

sorry but the url was supposed to take you to a pic that had title and caption, but somehow it changes and just takes you to the gallery.... I'll put a title and Caption on the first pic for you.

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

It isn't broken, that's the way it's supposed to work. I'm not seeing any titles being cut off either.

• smforumuseridsmforumuserid Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    On my galleries the title/caption is displayed when the mouse is active. If the mouse is stationary they disappear after a second or two. So if you're using the mouse to click from pic to pic then if not viewing a pic for too long the captions are displayed. If you stop long enough then you lose the caption. Those that use the keyboard to move through pics will not see the captions.

I too would prefer that captions/titles always be displayed, which would be more consistent. If thats controversial then maybe an option could be introduced to control it. Just my 2 cents.
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins

Exactly! thanks smforumuserid for the backup...

I chose an existing (5 year old) thread to post on as a point to show that I am not the only one saying this...

It seems obvious to me that Titles and Captions should be visible, period. Not "well if you mouse over, and look fast enough before it disappears..." etc. etc.