Options

Assigning Pricelists to multiple galleries

MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
edited October 24, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there an easy way to assign different price lists to many galleries at a time?

This is besides the selecting a single gallery at a time in the gallery settings>multiple galleries option.

I have 3 main price lists, and MANY galleries. I want to assign a new updated price list to roughly half of the galleries.

What is the easiest way to do this? The price list is not my default price list.

I am in transition mode, and have not unveiled yet.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited August 27, 2013
    I don't know if this method applies to legacy smugmug because I'm running new smug. I would hope the interface is similar. Anyway, here's what I found:
    • In new smug I went to Account Settings... Business... Making Money... Pricelists.
    • I opened a price list then clicked Edit List.
    • On the right side I saw a box titled "THIS PRICELIST IS APPLIED TO"
    • Below that I saw the number of galleries and the number of photos.
    • I clicked on the Galleries.
    • I was then taken to a page titled Choose one or more galleries. On that page I saw all of my top level folders. I could then click into the folder and select the galleries. Once I did that there was also a select all at the top of the page.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    ok, I found out what the issue was....I was expecting to see the galleries applied to in the default price list, but that only shows in the other price lists.
    Thanks Denise
  • Options
    beechcreekbeechcreek Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 28, 2013
    assigning pricelist to galleries
    Hi Denise,

I'm a new SmugMug Pro user and am still not able to apply my custom price list to my galleries. I read your post, but under my Edit Price List, I don't see any box on the right-hand side to actually apply it to my galleries. Help!

Keith
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2013
    beechcreek wrote: »
    Hi Denise,

I'm a new SmugMug Pro user and am still not able to apply my custom price list to my galleries. I read your post, but under my Edit Price List, I don't see any box on the right-hand side to actually apply it to my galleries. Help!

Keith
    Do you have more than one price list? Because the default would be applied to all galleries that are set to sell prints.

If you need someone to check your site you will need a smugmug hero to look.

--- Denise
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    beechcreek wrote: »
    Hi Denise,

Keith

+1 to what Denise said. Try logging out of your account and view the gallery as a visitor. If you have a link to your site I can check for you.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    geoffsphotosgeoffsphotos Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 24, 2013
    new to smugmug this week...

why do i not see "
    "

i have the Portfolio account...would that be the reason?

thanks!
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    new to smugmug this week...

why do i not see "
    "

i have the Portfolio account...would that be the reason?

thanks!
    At the Portfolio plan your pricelist is automatically assigned to all galleries and photos on your site. No need to manually apply it. That is why you do not have those options.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    geoffsphotosgeoffsphotos Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 24, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    At the Portfolio plan your pricelist is automatically assigned to all galleries and photos on your site. No need to manually apply it. That is why you do not have those options.

but if i wanted to charge say $1 per on one gallery and $2 per on another...that is not possible at the Portfolio level? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2013
    but if i wanted to charge say $1 per on one gallery and $2 per on another...that is not possible at the Portfolio level? Thanks!
    That would need two pricelists. At the Portfolio level you only have a single pricelist that is active.

From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-how-do-i-price-photos-in-order-to-sell-them-:
    Portfolio account users can have many price lists. But only one price list is active at a time and applies to all galleries that have printing turned on.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    And they stab all the families in back by making them buy at your "profit" price. There needs to be a Price List
    for "base price" "not for profit".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog