Tamron 200-400

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited December 11, 2005 in Cameras
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tamron Zoom Telephoto AF 200-400mm f/5.6 LD IF[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I might be able to snag that lense Dirt cheap! should i go for it? i save up for a 70-200 f/4 and that would close the gap from my 200-400 nicely. plus with the 1.6 crop factor of my 10D that would be nice for the sports shooting i do. and i also like to do birding. [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]thanks guys. please reply quickly. i don't have much time to waste. if this deal is to be got, it has got to get got.:rofl [/font]
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    Would you mind posting a link for this sale? If you don't want to, where are you getting it? If the deal is too good to be true, then it probably is. How much is it selling for?
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    Depends on how cheap and in what condition. Sells for about $250 used in EX condition from KEH when they have 'em.

Some folks will say its too slow for sports. I'd say it depends on the sportne_nau.gif...

Sounds like you've been saving awhile for that 70-200 f4L. Do you really need the added reach for the sport you're shooting? If not you may want to stay the course for the 70-200, its a great lens!
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    Would you mind posting a link for this sale? If you don't want to, where are you getting it? If the deal is too good to be true, then it probably is. How much is it selling for?
    it was on ebay and it sold just 2 hours ago for 100 dollars + 20 shipping. the guy was reputable on FM and ebay. i decided not to get it tho, and continue saving for that 70-200. then maybe after that if i need something longer i could buy a 1.4x or 2x.

thanks guys
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com