Options

Website name - format options

Dave17Dave17 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited August 29, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
The image below is what my home page looks like right now with the new design. Using 'Octavia".

The upper left hand corner has the name of my website "Dave Arnold Photography" (not very original but that is what it is).

The text 'Dave Arnold Photography" resides in a text box. The only things I can do to this text (as far as I can tell) is adjust the font size, bold, italic, and use it as a link.

I can't change the font, change the text color, add a stroke to the text etc.

How can I dress this up, make it look less bland? Do I do it through CSS? Can someone provide me with an example?

(I feel like I am being forced into learning CSS when all I want to do is take pictures and sell them)

Thanks,
--Dave

Comments

• Options
    peargrinpeargrin Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Hi Dave,

I went through this too at first. I solved it by creating a logo and menu on the entire site. Go to Customize, then Entire Site, then insert a Logo content block, which is very customizable. I have everything in the header. Not sure how it would work with a sidebar, but would hope it's similar.

Best wishes,

Pear

[url]Http://peargrin.smugmug.com[/url]
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    Thanks Pear.

I see some possibilities there as a work around.

Thanks,
    --Dave
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    In the profile settings there is the profile photo and the "cover" photo.

What is the "cover" photo and where it is used? I put a photo in there but did not see it appear anywhere.
    --Dave
  • Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited August 29, 2013
    If you add the Profile content app to your page then the cover photo will show there
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help