The Sibling Portrait - Pic Of The 50X70 cm Print

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited December 14, 2005 in People
Howdy friends!

I finaly felt satisfied with the skin tones, and confident enough to upsize it a little further. At first, I was going for a 40X60 cm, but our common friend James (Pathfinder) was kind enough to print and post me some samples of my pic in different stages of my pp - in my quest for a nice skin tone! :): I can't believe that generousity! THANK YOU!!! He also provided a A4 cropped section of the pic, and that's what convinced me that a 50 X 70 cm print was possible. So I went for it - and it turned out great! I am very pleased with the result, and so is the siblings. I'm positive that their mom is gonna love it! :thumb

Perhaps it's a bit silly - but it was a proud moment when they "unwrapped" the picture and they went WOOOW! There is this magic feel about larger prints - it's like "Give my creation life!!!" :D

Stay Tuned Matty

[PS: The skin tones look a little "magentisch", on the pic of the pic, but I'm not gonna bother to do skin tone correction on that one too! *Haha* It looks like the image below]

47917212-O.jpg

46921753-O.jpg

Comments

• snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    46921753-O.jpg[/QUOTE] Wow!
    I'll say, that's a great shot. The skin tones are beautiful as are the siblings. Nice work. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    Thank you very much, Snappy! It was my first larger print, and it's gonna be a Christmas present for their mom, so I was a bit nervous when I picked it up at the store. :):

Matty
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    i must say, i think she looks a lot better in this new picture, without her hair all done up.

i think i'm going to start selling my prints using the metric system, 50x70cm sounds a lot bigger than it would in inches. i think they would sell better. . .
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    That is a wonderful present!

A very professional group portrait.

I can imagine that you are proud!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    I forgot to say how terrific the lighting is in this shot. The faces just pop right off the page. The girl in the center sure has a sweet smile and pretty eyes. What a charmer!
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited December 12, 2005
    Yes! You are right, she looks better without her hair all done up!

You may have a point there! To me, CM "sounds" much bigger than Inches, but Ï guess that's because I don't "understand" other metrics. I have to think and calcultate. To get CM from Inches, I have to divide the Cm value with 2,5 huh?

Matty

binghott wrote:
    i must say, i think she looks a lot better in this new picture, without her hair all done up.

i think i'm going to start selling my prints using the metric system, 50x70cm sounds a lot bigger than it would in inches. i think they would sell better. . .
    edited December 12, 2005
    Thank you very much, Ginger! :):
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    Nice picture. I've looked at all the work you've done with these guys and its very nice.
    However, you won't fool me with your metric system values. Being Canadian, I use it too but if I meet those inch loving American I will try it out on them:D.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com