Options

Lost Lens - SF Yerba Buena/Treasure Island

anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited October 12, 2013 in House of Canon
This is super embarrassing, but while I was shooting last Saturday night 8/24 at Treasure Island, I left a lens behind.

Here's the part that really hurts: if you found, see or here of a Canon 70-200 at Ti, please let me know. I can identify it by serial number.

Yes, there is a reward.
Joe Ercoli
My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
My Smugmug Gallery

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Bummer, start checking the Craigslist adds.

Good luck,

Sam
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited August 31, 2013
    Along with the PD, you might want to check with SF camera stores/pawn shops. Hopefully get the word out and you'll get it back.

Good luck and hope you find it!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Thanks, guys... I've been on CL and Ebay every day the last few days, called a handful of shops in SF/Peninsula, reg'd all my gear at http://lenstag.com and filed a report with the SF Police. I'll be back on the Island on Tuesday after the bridge opens back up to the look around, but I'm not feeling to optimistic.
    Joe Ercoli
    My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
    My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    That's a damn shame. I can easily see that happening to me. Hope against hope that you get it back.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • Options
    Paul WestlakePaul Westlake Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2013
    'ere,
    start searching the internet for EXIF info. If it hasn't been stripped, then the ID of the lens will be included. if it's used & uploaded...
  • Options
    scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2013
    'ere,
    start searching the internet for EXIF info. If it hasn't been stripped, then the ID of the lens will be included. if it's used & uploaded...
    That's a really good idea -- never occurred to me! thumb.gif Does Google index that?

That said, what do you mean by "stripped"? It sounds like you're saying it's possible to remove the ID.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited October 12, 2013
    EXIF data can be removed from an image. That's what 'stripped' means in this context.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2013
    'ere,
    ian408 wrote: »
    EXIF data can be removed from an image. That's what 'stripped' means in this context.
    Duh. I should have known that because I've done it . . . accidentally . . . ne_nau.gif