Options

upload not working

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited August 31, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Since this morning, I've been having issues uploading photos. They say they upload, then all I get is a "processing" box and no photo. I've tried waiting and waiting and waiting and the processing box doesn't seem to go away even when I reload the page. Using chrome as a browser but it shows up under FF too.

I am seriously getting frustrated with not being able to use smugmug as a site for my photos. Ever since the new smugmug came out, every time I try to use it, something is not working properly. First I wasn't able to share photos with clients, then I wasn't able to download photos as a zip file, now I can't upload photos. When will all these glitches be fixed? For a working professional photographer, it's absurd to be paying for a SM site only to have to use other sites like zenfolio and pbase to get anything done.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    bachampbachamp Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Same issue here, I'm trying to upload a new logo and background, but now its stuck without a logo :(

Edit: Not sure it it matters but i'm in the north west as well
  • Options
    DwayneCDwayneC Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    ya'll are starting to fn' piss me off again..............just when I think it's ok...what the hell!!!!!
  • Options
    PlumbLocoPlumbLoco Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Yes, same problem here in the UK - uploaded a few photos some time ago, including to a new gallery and so far - a big zero, just the "processing" square in the gallery.

It was the same last night, but the photo I uploaded then had appeared by this morning - hardly what you would call quick service...

Cheers, Geoff
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2013
    DwayneC wrote: »
    ya'll are starting to fn' piss me off again..............just when I think it's ok...what the hell!!!!!

I've been a SM customer for something like ten years. In this last month, EVERY TIME I try to use the site, something is not working. Every single time! I don't need all the flashy new upgrades - I just want a site that will let me upload photos, let clients view those photos, and lets me deliver those photos to clients. SM used to be able to do that. What happened?

• Options
    James_FJames_F Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    You folks might want to bookmark this - http://status.smugmug.com - which, if you suspect Smugmug is having performance issues, you might want to see Smugmug's site status. You'll note that they're reporting that they are having some big issues today and it's been happening most of the day (noted on their site in Pacific Daylight Time.) I'm not their spokesperson or anything. Just reporting what I've learned.
  • Options
    bachampbachamp Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Thanks James, I didnt know about that site, good to see they are working on it.
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2013
    James_F wrote: »
    You folks might want to bookmark this - http://status.smugmug.com - which, if you suspect Smugmug is having performance issues, you might want to see Smugmug's site status. You'll note that they're reporting that they are having some big issues today and it's been happening most of the day (noted on their site in Pacific Daylight Time.) I'm not their spokesperson or anything. Just reporting what I've learned.

Yeah, but the real issue here is ALL the problems SM has been having this past month. I don't need the SM blog to tell me it's not working when I know I can't upload, or share photos, or download zip files, etc. I don't actually use SM for my main website and thus don't try to access it very often. Of the three times I've tried to use SM for clients this past month, the site has not been working properly. For one client, I had to sign up for a trial zenfolio account just so she could review her photos!

I run a professional photography business. I pay for a professional website from SM and this past month, I have not been getting that. And don't even get me started on the photos of SM staff with face paint that they include in their "help" emails. Face paint on an adult? How is that even remotely professional? Unless you're a circus performer of course.

• Options
    Mike DeepMike Deep Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    I've been having this issue for ages, not just today. If I upload a large set of images, say 30 or more, it's almost guaranteed one of them will get stuck with a "processing" thumbnail and never go anywhere. I have to delete the image, re-locate it in a set, and re-upload it.