Options

sidebar and footer

bronkingbronking Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited September 30, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
HI,Guy's

if you click on

http://duelinglenses.smugmug.com/Pages/About-Me

you will see the footer is half way up the page just below the content and my sidebar has no background/color how do I rectify please, only my brain hurts :scratch

Comments

• Options
    markmicallefmarkmicallef Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    bronking wrote: »
    HI,Guy's

if you click on

http://duelinglenses.smugmug.com/Pages/About-Me

you will see the footer is half way up the page just below the content and my sidebar has no background/color how do I rectify please, only my brain hurts headscratch.gif

Try going into customize then Layout, look at "Bottom Margin" you may have to put in a negative number such as -100.

Or you can turn the footer off in Settings (top of page) while in Customize.
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2013
    Try going into customize then Layout, look at "Bottom Margin" you may have to put in a negative number such as -100.

Or you can turn the footer off in Settings (top of page) while in Customize.

thanks for reply, but had a look don't have any bottom margin settings (0px)

still stuck:cry
  • Options
    markmicallefmarkmicallef Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    bronking wrote: »
    thanks for reply, but had a look don't have any bottom margin settings (0px)

still stuck:cry

A negative number will lower it!
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2013
    A negative number will lower it!

dunno why but negative number makes the background color go higher if I stick something like 500 it looks fine on some pages but then if the content section is around the same length as the nav content the margin drops down even lower and dosent look right. I've obviously got something wrong in settings somewhere or maybe some of my css is ruining something, I getting close to finishing the site as I'm tweaking pages and backgrounds but this navbar/sidebar background isn't right. is there a way with css that I can do it "manually" so it looks the same no matter which page its on

thanks for any help
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2013
    still struggling to get my head around this,

so a couple of questions....

1 if on the entire site section you have left sidebar in the layout section switched on, do you have the same settings with homepage,all folders,all galleries

2 do you have different bottom margin settings to cope with diff content heights

any help much appreciated
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2013
    1 yep , entire site means entire site , uless you want them separated

2 yes , and widths too
    top left right bottom , you need to adjust them until you got what you want
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2013
    basflt wrote: »
    1 yep , entire site means entire site , uless you want them separated

2 yes , and widths too
    top left right bottom , you need to adjust them until you got what you want

Thanks for that,

it seem strange that if I have a vertical menu bar that is quite long and the content section is short in height I have to put a long bottom margin in just so the background color will fill the vertical menu bar and even though i don't want the content section background color to be at least the same height (I want it to reflect the amount of content) I have no choice eek7.gif

why can't they be seperate ?
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    not sure , but i think its the background color of left section that you see , not menu it self

however , try this ;

.sm-page-layout.sm-page-layout-fillheight > .sm-page-layout-region > .sm-page-layout-region-left {
    position: relative;
    top: 0px;
    bottom: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    }

and , in case you did not knew ;
    you can also have it stuck in place ;

entire site / layout tab / set Pinning section to Left
  • Options
    basflt wrote: »
    not sure , but i think its the background color of left section that you see , not menu it self

however , try this ;

.sm-page-layout.sm-page-layout-fillheight > .sm-page-layout-region > .sm-page-layout-region-left {
    position: relative;
    top: 0px;
    bottom: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    }

and , in case you did not knew ;
    you can also have it stuck in place ;

entire site / layout tab / set Pinning section to Left

thanks mate..

tried what you said, alas fail

maybe I'm building the site wrong (clutching at straws) I'm gonna make another page while entire site section is highlighted and then after adding contents I'll click just this folder or page or gallery and see if that works

what do you think ?
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2013
    still struggling with this and its bugging the hell out of me everytime I create a page/folder/gallery or whatever
    I don't understand why i have 3 spanner entire site red box's with a logo in one vertical menu in second and social icons in third AND I CANNOT ADD A BACKGROUND COLOR TO THESE BOXES its just stupid stupid stupid stupid sti-pud gfsdyub hgd zdtjr dfkyugl ARRRRRRRGGHHHHHH :bash:bash:bash:bash:deadhorse
  • Options
    anybody ?,

signed desperate

I just tried adding another sidebar which filled with color lovely until i press publish and then it ends like so

http://www.duelinglenses.com/Pages/Ab don't worry about content it was just a trial
  • Options
    could I possibly be blaming myself when its in fact a bug (maybe i report it in other section )

I'll leave it till tomorrow and enquire there
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2013
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2013
    ITS OKAY I FIGURED IT OUT:ivar:ivar:ivar:ivar:ivar:ivar:ivar:ivar