Options

text blocks not WYSIWYG for long blocks

oreidoreid Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited September 2, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Hello,

I believe I have found a bug with the text content blocks.

I am trying to make a page that contains a great deal of text in parallel with an image gallery. However, the formatting of the resulting text block does not match the formatting in the editing pane, primarily with regard to how carriage returns are displayed, which is very frustrating.

For example if I want to have white space between two paragraphs, I often have to use more than two carriage returns. In the editing pane it may look like this:

[paragraph]

[paragraph]

But what I get on my page looks like this:

[paragraph]
[paragraph]

Or like this:

[paragraph] [paragraph]

I can sometimes get what I want by using three or more carriage returns, but not always. Sometimes I need more. Sometimes less. Moreover, this problem seems to only occur for text blocks with LOTS of text.

Here is an example page with lots of text, and non-WYSIWYG behavior. It's worst low in the box, so scroll down to find text that all runs together, but which should be separated by two carriage returns:
http://goacrophile.smugmug.com/TripReports/Mt-Kenya

On the other hand, everything seems to work fine for short text blocks, as in this page:
http://goacrophile.smugmug.com/About

Thanks!

My system is:
Mac OS X 10.7.5
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
Google Chrome

Smugmug site name is goacrophile.

Note that I have not yet unveiled my new smugmug site, so I don't know if the above links will work or not.

Comments

• Options
    oreidoreid Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 2, 2013
    Update:

This problem appears to be related to the fact that I copied and pasted text from an extant HTML document. The return characters appeared to copy fine in the editing pane, but did not appear in the output. When I go through and delete the copied return characters and type them manually, everything seems to work fine - if a little slow to update.