Options

[Fixed] Recent Galleries empty in visitor's view for password protected site

oshoggoshogg Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited October 2, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I have migrated to the new smugmug and I am having a very weird problem. I have chose the "Shadow" theme - which shows recent galleries on the home page. I can see recent galleries just fine if I am logged in to Smugmug as myself. However, in a separate browser, if I go and see the visitors view - I do not see any galleries at all on the home page.

I have a site wide password for my smugmug account (which I do not wish to share here obviously) - so cannot point to my smugmug web address here. But I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues?

Thanks,
Osho

Comments

• Options
    uketeeceeuketeecee Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    Yes, I have the same problem with my own password-protected site. It seems that there are some issues with sites that have a site-wide password.
    You may also find that search and keywords don't work for your visitors. I have contacted Smug support and am awaiting a response.
  • Options
    ande8150ande8150 Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    Mbonocore - could these 2 issues get added to the active bug forum? They have been mentioned several times in the forums and I have emailed support several times with no response. Would be good to know its acknowledged as a bug.
  • Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    If you have recently migrated or unveiled it is possible that all of your images are not indexed yet for your new site. This means that you will be able to see recent photos logged in but not logged out until all of your images are index for your New Site.

You can change what is displayed on your homepage until the images are indexed, like a gallery of your choice. Once indexed you can simple go back and change it back to show the recent content.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    I unveiled a month ago and the problem persists for password-protected sites.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    Same here. Unveiled shortly after launch and use a site wide password.

Recent galleries initially didn't work, then was working, now isn't again. I have switched to a folder instead as a workaround for now.

Keywords intially showed all keywords but only some of the tagged photos. Then it changed to show all keywords, but clicking a keyword wouldn't show any photos. Now there are no keywords showing in the list at all.

Both issues are for guests after logging in with site password.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Thanks guys for confirming that I am not the only one who is having this issue.

This is just absolutely crazy that basic features such as "Recent Galleries" is not working in the new smugmug site. This is totally unacceptable.

My email support person suggested:

"Thank you for getting back to us. You will need to change your site visibility in account settings to No-make me an island to allow images to be collected on your site.

Go to ACCOUNT SETTINGS < DISCOVERY < SEARCH < SITE VISIBILITY < SMUGMUG SEARCH VISIBILITY."

I did this but that did not solve this problem.

Osho
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    This has been moved to the Bug Reporting forum and submitted to my Dev team
  • Options
    papipoissonpapipoisson Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Same here, except that not only recent picts is not working, but also keywords search and map box.

I'll add that I had many mails with SM support, and some were of good advice, but did not solved anything at the moment: Actually the last mail I got (two days ago) says clearly that this in an issue, not allways a set up problem (though we have to be carefull with that), and that they are working on this issue.

For my concern: I have a site wide pswd, then folders and galleries all public (inherited) no password, and everything else set to "site settings". And I confirm that the smug search visibilty set to yes does not change anything.

Now this is on the bug report, I hope this will fixed one day!
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    This has been moved to the Bug Reporting forum and submitted to my Dev team

Thank you. Could you also add the keyword issue to the active bug thread? Not sure if they are caused by the same thing or not.
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    Yes, please add the keyword issue. It does not appear in the active bug list yet the problem persists:
    Please add 'Keywords not displaying in visitor's view for password protected sites'.
  • Options
    HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2013
    The bug, as it has been reported, covers a site password that prevents visitors from searching and seeing recent/popular/keyword.
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    This is by design? Why would that be? In what scenario would someone want to alllow access to all pics on the site with a single password, but not allow someone to search? This is a big step back from legacy SM. Keyword support is the main thing I like about SM, and as a non-pro, a sitewide password is required for privacy.
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    Or wait, now that I reread it, do you mean its the same bug for all issues? I first thought you were saying it was by design.
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    Thank you HeroOfCanton for the clarification. Much obliged.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2013
    Still no fix for this issue. This is unbelievable.

Osho
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2013
    I received the following reply from a hero on 2nd Sept:

'Thank you for contacting SmugMug. I'm sorry about your troubles.
    There is currently an issue with password protected sites where visitors cannot make use of keywords, search and recent photos.
    The issue is being worked on, but I can't say on when our engineers would be able to resolve the issue.
    My apologies for any inconvenience.'

It's now 9th Sept, six weeks after the new SmugMug was released and still no resolution to this issue.
  • Options
    HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2013
    Please keep in mind that we prioritize the bugs that we are working based on a number of salient factors, from severity to impact to how many people are having problems with it etc. While I can say that this bug is being addressed, we don't guarantee a fix by a certain date.
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2013
    This should be fixed. Can you please confirm?

Thanks!
  • Options
    mbonocore wrote: »
    This should be fixed. Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

Recent galleries now working correctly for me on a site wide pw protected site. Thanks!

If I manually type the address of site.com/keyword/anykeyword then the images do show up for that keyword, which they weren't before.

However, when I go to my /keyword page, no keywords are listed.

Almost there!
  • Options
    papipoissonpapipoisson Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    Working better for me too on my home page, where I have a multi photo box filled with recent photos, which show up now in visitor's view.

But all thoose picts have a locker icon. This is not completely quite correct as my galleries are not pswd protected (I have only a site wide pswd , and visitors have gone through the global pswd at this step.

Anyway, clicking on a picture of the recent photo box goes to the right gallery, that is OK.

The keywords page remains empty as Ande8150 wrote above.

Actually, things are getting better. Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2013
    Working better for me too on my home page, where I have a multi photo box filled with recent photos, which show up now in visitor's view.

But all thoose picts have a locker icon. This is not completely quite correct as my galleries are not pswd protected (I have only a site wide pswd , and visitors have gone through the global pswd at this step.

Anyway, clicking on a picture of the recent photo box goes to the right gallery, that is OK.

The keywords page remains empty as Ande8150 wrote above.

Actually, things are getting better. Thanks!!

Yes, I hacve the lock icon issue too. Will submit.