Options

Pointing To All Galleries Instead of Just One

Tom PotterTom Potter Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
edited September 7, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
RE: Gallery Nav Button Pointing To All Galleries

I am trying to make it so that when my "Photo Images" Nav Button
is clicked you are brought to a page showing all of my galleries, and then
you will be able to select whichever of my galleries you wish to go into.

When customizing, going into Menu / Photo Images / Links, under "Link To", I chose
"Page I Choose". I do not see, however, how to set it up so that I can link it to more
than one individual gallery. I only see that I can link it to n one individual gallery.

How would I set it up so that when I can have it go to a page listing all of my galleries?

Thank You

Tom Potter
www.tompotterphotography.com
Tom Potter
Email: tom@tompotterphotography.com
Landscape, Nature Photographic Prints For Sale
Focusing On Colorado

Comments

• Options
    GRBlizzGRBlizz Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    Tom Potter wrote: »
    RE: Gallery Nav Button Pointing To All Galleries

I am trying to make it so that when my "Photo Images" Nav Button
    is clicked you are brought to a page showing all of my galleries, and then
    you will be able to select whichever of my galleries you wish to go into.

When customizing, going into Menu / Photo Images / Links, under "Link To", I chose
    "Page I Choose". I do not see, however, how to set it up so that I can link it to more
    than one individual gallery. I only see that I can link it to n one individual gallery.

How would I set it up so that when I can have it go to a page listing all of my galleries?

Thank You

Tom Potter

Here's one idea: Choose instead to link to "Recent Galleries". On the Display page, choose to show All photos. I just tried it on my personal site, and it's now showing hundreds of galleries on the front page. http://sunnyshots.smugmug.com/

If you get some galleries you don't want to show, you can make them Unlisted, and they won't show in Recent Photos.

Hope this helps. Your photos are gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    GRBlizz wrote: »
    Here's one idea: Choose instead to link to "Recent Galleries". On the Display page, choose to show All photos. I just tried it on my personal site, and it's now showing hundreds of galleries on the front page. http://sunnyshots.smugmug.com/

If you get some galleries you don't want to show, you can make them Unlisted, and they won't show in Recent Photos.

Hope this helps. Your photos are gorgeous!

Sounds like you are onto something, but, please forgive my ignorance. How do I get to the Display page so that I can choose all photos? Where is it? Thx
    Tom Potter
    Focusing On Colorado
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    In the customise menu, chose "brows page" as the "link to".
    AFAIR, this is a page with a "folders" block.
    But you can customise that page and add a "galleries" block to it, choosing which galleries to display there.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    einat wrote: »
    In the customise menu, chose "brows page" as the "link to".
    AFAIR, this is a page with a "folders" block.
    But you can customise that page and add a "galleries" block to it, choosing which galleries to display there.

I tried what you suggested, and that brings me to a page filled with Folders, 1 Gallery and my About Me page. Don't know exactly what to do at that point. Are you saying I can totally Delete those folders and then add a Gallery Block?
    Tom Potter
    Focusing On Colorado
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    I think you need to create a page. Go to organize > organize site from any page.
    In organize highlight your name at top on the left.
    Click Create > Page

Go to new blank page and then customize > customize site.
    Make sure "just this page" is selected/highlighted in the flyout draw on right.
    Click navigation below to expand it.
    Then drag a "galleries" box out to the page. On the galleries box click the wrench and select "recent galleries".

This page is what your navbar would point to.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    brocotbrocot Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I think you need to create a page. Go to organize > organize site from any page.
    Click Create > Page

Then drag a "galleries" box out to the page. On the galleries box click the wrench and select "recent galleries".

Thank You.
    This is just what i was looking for.
    Now i have a page whit all my galleries by clicking on BROWSE.
    http://erikgodderis.smugmug.com/Galeries

wings.gif
    D7200/Nikon AF-S DX Nikkon 10-24mm/10-24dx/105mm prime/Nikon 200-500sb900/
    Hello, :thumb Mi Smug :
    http://erikgodderis.smugmug.com/
    http://www.godderis.be
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Click Create > Page

OK, sorry, but, if I follow, " Go to organize > organize site from any page.
    Click Create > Page"......Those instructions leave me at an opened "Create Page" page. You do not suggest what, if anything, I specifically need to fill out on that page I just opened. My actual Galleries already exist, for what that's worth. I assume I would input "Galleries" in the Title field. What might I put in the "Meta Description" field....and, where do I go from there? If you could please layout the instructions as if I just landed on the planet, that would be a HUGE help for me. Thanks, and sorry for not picking up quickly on this stuff.
    Tom Potter
    Focusing On Colorado
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    After you create the page you should see it at the bottom of the organize page tree on
    the left. Click on it and then click "done" upper right. You should now be on the page where
    you can drag the "galleries" box out onto the page.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    After you create the page you should see it at the bottom of the organize page tree on
    the left. Click on it and then click "done" upper right. You should now be on the page where

Thanks very much Allen! You've been a tremendous help!! :O)
    Tom Potter
    Focusing On Colorado
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2013

Just backing back to this now. I did make some progress...I believe. If you go to this link:
    http://landscapephotography.smugmug.com/Public-Galleries it will bring you to my Galleries Page, OR,
    you can just click on my Galleries Nav Button. See have the Galleries are listed in box format, each with a representative image, and a tiny title, and each image is kind of fogged over? Is there a reason it is fogged over? Can I change that, and, how do I make other adjustments to the look on this page, such as the size and style of the title of each gallery? Further, how do I go about showing the breadcrumbs at the top of each gallery, after I click on a gallery and am actually in one?

Thank You

Tom

Tom Potter
    Focusing On Colorado
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2013
    ... Further, how do I go about showing the breadcrumbs at the top of each gallery, after I click on a gallery and am actually in one?

Thank You

Tom

Go to one of your galleries. Click customize > customize site
    Highlight "all galleries" on right flyout.
    If you do not see a breadcrumb click "navigation" below to expand it
    Drag "breadcrumb" out to page.
    This will enable breadcrumbs on all galleries.

I can not see your other problems because you have not unveiled.
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2013
    Go to one of your galleries. Click customize > customize site
    Highlight "all galleries" on right flyout.
    If you do not see a breadcrumb click "navigation" below to expand it
    Drag "breadcrumb" out to page.
    This will enable breadcrumbs on all galleries.

I can not see your other problems because you have not unveiled.

Thanks Allen - That worked. I understand that you cannot see other info till I unveil. However, I wonder if this is something you can assist with. Seems like the "logic" of my galleries trail is a bit off. For example, if I am in my "American Bison" gallery, and then click the "Animals" portion of my breadcrumbs, instead of bring me to all of my "Animals" galleries, I am brought to a page that displays all of the individual images that are contained in my "American Bison" gallery. I'd like it, instead, to go to a place in which all of my "Animals" galleries are displayed, so that I can choose either my "American Bison" or "Elk" gallery, and / or whatever Animal galleries I have now or in the future.
    Tom Potter
    Focusing On Colorado
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2013
    Thanks Allen - That worked. I understand that you cannot see other info till I unveil. However, I wonder if this is something you can assist with. Seems like the "logic" of my galleries trail is a bit off. For example, if I am in my "American Bison" gallery, and then click the "Animals" portion of my breadcrumbs, instead of bring me to all of my "Animals" galleries, I am brought to a page that displays all of the individual images that are contained in my "American Bison" gallery. I'd like it, instead, to go to a place in which all of my "Animals" galleries are displayed, so that I can choose either my "American Bison" or "Elk" gallery, and / or whatever Animal galleries I have now or in the future.
    On any of your category (legacy terminology) pages you'd probably want a "folders, galleries, pages" box
    and set it to "current location".
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2013
    On any of your category (legacy terminology) pages you'd probably want a "folders, galleries, pages" box
    and set it to "current location".

OK - Getting there, but, now when I click on my Galleries button from my Home Page, my galleries do not show, but, rather, each individual photo displays. Further, if I then click on one of those photos, and thereby go into its respective gallery, when I then click on my Gallery nav button, it does not takeme back to my Galleries,. It just sits there
    Tom Potter
    Focusing On Colorado