Options

Deleting 1st "My Design"

SiriusPhotogSiriusPhotog Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited September 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm still working on converting over to the "New" version of SM and my first attempt at customizing a design was a miserable failure. Unfortunately, every time I log in that is the design that it defaults to. Is there any way to delete it so the second design is the default?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    I'm still working on converting over to the "New" version of SM and my first attempt at customizing a design was a miserable failure. Unfortunately, every time I log in that is the design that it defaults to. Is there any way to delete it so the second design is the default?
    Look under Customize for it. "Chose a New Site Design".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Yeah, I've done that. I'm working on a second design but every time I bail out of it and log back in it defaults to the first one. I'm trying to delete the first one and it will not let me.
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    After clicking "Done" in the top right corner while customizing your design, are you clicking on "Publish Now" when prompted to save your changes? Doing so should make it your active design in your sandbox.
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    I had the problem all the time until I "unveiled" my new Smugmug. Sounds like it's still here. All you can do is continue switching each time, till you're ready to unveil I believe.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    After clicking "Done" in the top right corner while customizing your design, are you clicking on "Publish Now" when prompted to save your changes? Doing so should make it your active design in your sandbox.

No, I didn't click on "Publish Now" because I thought if I did that it would make it active to the public. Is that not the case?
    I'm still editing and making changes and do not want the public to see it yet. Unfortunately the first version keeps defaulting at the top of the "Choose a New Site Design" page even though I would like for it to open to the second or third design. The second and third design have a "delete" icon that appears when you hover over it at the top of the screen but the first design, the one I wish to get rid of only has a "Preview" icon.
    As you can see in the two images below.
    9-2-2013%204-18-28%20PM-XL.png

9-2-2013%204-19-05%20PM-L.png

The "Current" Copy of Nyx is the one I'm trying to delete so that the "Working Master" version will be my default.
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Nope, Publish Now will only make it your active site design. Only when you click "Unveil" and then confirm the word "Unveil" again will it become public.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Well, well. Thanks for clearing that up. That is a classic example of very muddy wording.