Options

Vertical Images cropped at top in image viewer

cecirdrcecirdr Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
edited October 1, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I just made a new account and have uploaded my first gallery, but I have a lot of vertical images. They display perfectly up to large size. At XL, 2XL and 3XL, the top of the image is "cropped off" in the viewer (this isn't the slideshow, just viewing the image). I can scroll down in the image to see what's larger than the screen and lower than the default placement, but I can't scroll up to see what's above the default placement.

How in the world to I fix this? Currently, the larger sizes are operating more like a zoom on the center of an image, not a true scroll-able larger sized image. FWIW, viewing the original image size works perfectly. The entire image is scrollable. The top is not "truncated". Also, if I go directly to the XL. 2XL, 3XL page via the share links, the images are complete. They just don't view in the viewer properly.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Nobody else has this? ...or perhaps they just haven't checked? I've gone to several sites in the thread where people showed off their galleries built with the new smugmug interface/tools. Once an image size got larger than L, their images were truncated at the top too. You simply can't scroll up to see the top of an image. This is a bummer when you have a gallery of vertical shots due to taking skyscraper pix.

Maybe I'm not phrasing what's happening well??

Here's an example picture from my happy-snappy shots from my trip to Houston. http://ceciland.smugmug.com/Houston-08-30-13/i-9dGT8M3/A . If you click the XL, X2 or X3 large sizes, you'll see the top of the image get more and more cut off. You can scroll down, but not up. If you choose original, then you'll be allowed to scroll up and see the full image.

I really need some help with this.
  • Options
    coro085coro085 Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2013
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    coro085 wrote: »

Thank you! It took me a long time to get back to this thread, but I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you letting me know this "secret". Dang it was frustrating.