Options

Moss Header/Background Problem

vr6veedubvr6veedub Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 3, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I am having trouble with the Moss site design and how the header seems to scroll as the users scroll down any of the site pages. I did see a setting in Customize --> Customize Site --> Theme Tab --> Active Theme --> Clicked wrench to edit (current using Rust Light) --> Background Tab --> Scroll Background. When I change this to Fixed and try to click Done it asks me to enter a Name under the Basic tab. I'm guessing it wants to save a custom theme. I try entering a name and clicking done again but the window never closes and I'm stuck on the Create Theme box. What am I missing? This is the only setting I could see that would possibly affect the header from scrolling. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is my site, http://www.marc-christopher.com/

Thanks in advance

Marc

Comments

• Options
    dallaswdallasw Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2013
    Which browser are you seeing this issue in? I just tried in Chrome on my Mac and was able to save the theme.
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2013
    dallasw wrote: »
    Which browser are you seeing this issue in? I just tried in Chrome on my Mac and was able to save the theme.

IE 10 and newest firefox. Still wont save the theme settings.
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2013
    Found it. There's a bug in our system preventing you from saving. I've logged the issue and made a custom theme for you with the fixed background. To apply it, you can publish your site whenever you're ready.
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2013
    Found it. There's a bug in our system preventing you from saving. I've logged the issue and made a custom theme for you with the fixed background. To apply it, you can publish your site whenever you're ready.

Dallasw - I still see the title and the menus scrolling to cover the images as I move down the page. What other setting am I missing?
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2013
    vr6veedub wrote: »
    Dallasw - I still see the title and the menus scrolling to cover the images as I move down the page. What other setting am I missing?

Oh, I see. I misunderstood what you were asking for. Having the header stick to the top is called Pinning. The settings for that can be found in Customize-> Customize Site -> Entire Site -> Layout Tab -> Under Pinning, set the Section to 'None'.
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2013
    Oh, I see. I misunderstood what you were asking for. Having the header stick to the top is called Pinning. The settings for that can be found in Customize-> Customize Site -> Entire Site -> Layout Tab -> Under Pinning, set the Section to 'None'.

Awesome thank you, I can see this is going to take me some time to get used to all these new features. Thanks again Dallasw
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2013
    No problem. Glad I could help. :)