Options

Can't unpin my header

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited September 4, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Redid my header and now it is pinned instead of floating with scrolling. I have the "None" selected in layout for pinning for the entire site.

Any thoughts or is this another bug?

Comments

• Options
    dallaswdallasw Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2013
    Just to be clear, are you trying to get the header to stick to the top of the page so it's always visible as you scroll down?
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2013
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    Pinning means it moves with you as you scroll, sticking to the top if it's a header. Setting the Pinning Section to 'Header' for your Entire Site is what you want. :)
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    I guess I am using the wrong block name. My header appears as a blank box. I would like my Logo and Menu pinned throughout the site. The menu was initially pinned but now seems to have lost that function.
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    It sounds like they might not be in the header section. To check, go to Customize -> Customize Site -> Entire Site.

Sections with content will show that content. Sections without content will show the name of the section, i.e. Header, Site Content, Footer. Make sure the Logo and Menu are in the header section. If they're not, drag them there by clicking and dragging the move icon.

The header can then be pinned by going to the Layout tab, scrolling to the bottom, and setting the Pinning Section to 'Header'.
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    Thank you!!

It's not easy to visualize that header box. Dragging those into the header worked. My site is now complete.
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    Mitchell wrote: »
    Thank you!!

It's not easy to visualize that header box. Dragging those into the header worked. My site is now complete.

Good to hear! :)