Options

Lady in Red

smondalsmondal Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited September 6, 2013 in People
Please critique this shot. I would like to know my faults and area of improvement for post processing and techniques whatever you feel can be improved for stunning one.

9670254692_95ec098393_b.jpg
best regards,
sudarshan mondal
website | blog | facebook | flickr| 500px | instagram

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2013
    I like the post processing, I think you've done almost all you can there, but you could brighten the whites of her eyes and add a slight vignette. Otherwise if you want to do better I think you'll need to re-shoot, or just write this off as a learning experience. The woman should have worn longer sleeves. The head pose is nice, but the rest of the pose is not flattering. The smartphone and headphones theme isn't working for me, and I don't like that big overexposed claw thrusting the phone at me. Chest square to the camera rarely works for anyone, especially not plus-sized subjects. Try to get a pose that will hide the muffin-top, and accentuate her best assets, in this case face, hair, and bust.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    smondalsmondal Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    Thanks Jack for the feedback. This is street shot in New York. I do not know her and even I have not contacted her after this shot. But, I like your conception, next time, this will be in mind. Really appreciate your feedback.
    best regards,
    sudarshan mondal
    website | blog | facebook | flickr| 500px | instagram
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    smondal wrote: »
    Thanks Jack for the feedback. This is street shot in New York. I do not know her and even I have not contacted her after this shot.

Oh... that changes everything (or does it?). Well it does for me. Knowing that this was a quick street shot and that she didn't know you puts it all into context. As a deliberate pose it doesn't work, but as a captured moment I think it does. She is flirting with the camera, that's cool.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2013
    Ditto on knowing the purpose......a new, tighter crop seems to work nicely.