Eristalis, Syritta Pipiens, Helophilus and a colourful little moth.

IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
edited September 7, 2013 in Holy Macro
I think it's Eristalis, it could be Myathropa but can't see the main markings and can't remember them :)

IMG_6402.jpg

Syritta Pipiens - I rather like the BG on this one.

IMG_6367.jpg

For the next two images, I take no responsibility if you require corrective surgery to repair blown out retinas. Vibrant pink flowers and flash are not my forté and believe me, the pinks have been toned down in these :)

IMG_6397.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

And finally, this rather colourful little mint moth that was flitting about. About 10mm across.

Pyrausta aurata or purpuralis perhaps? It certainly fits a Mint Moth description which would make sense as we do have some mint in the garden.

IMG_6387.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2013
    Wonderful series Ian - lovely colours and light
    Brian v.
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2013
    Thank you Brian. It's a great feeling when things start to fall into place with regards to light. I've been using that softbox for a couple of years now and I was never perfectly happy with it. All it took was a sheet of styrofoam packaging inside it to help improve it immensely. There are still a lot of things that can be improved of course. In due time ;). I want to avoid that trade off where the light is wonderfully soft and hot spots are completely eradicated but everything looks really dark. At the moment, I seem to have a lovely balance :)