How do I mirror or sync my galleries with my desktop?

merubin75merubin75 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
Hi folks,

I am looking for a way to easily manage and organize all of my SmugMug photos and galleries from the desktop. I use a Windows laptop running Win7 and ideally, it would be convenient if I could setup a folder tree in Windows, and then have those mirror/sync the galleries on SmugMug automagically. Of course, I'd also like it to go the other way, too, where any changes I make on SmugMug are mirrored/sync'd on the desktop, too.

This may sound like a weird request, but the reason I'm asking is because I am finding that I don't go into SmugMug that often. What I usually do is snap photos on my iPhone using Camera Awesome. I have those photos set to automatically share/upload to a SmugMug folder I call "the Holding Pen." I know I should go into the Holding Pen gallery on SmugMug and then move them over to the appropriate galleries, but ... well, I find that I'm often lazy and don't do this often enough.

Now, I have 2000 photos in the Holding Pen and it would just be a lot easier if I could download my photos to my laptop, manually move them over to the correct folders using Picasa, and then mirror/sync those folders on SmugMug. And of course, I know sometimes I won't be near my desktop, so I'd like to be able to make changes to my galleries from my iPhone on the road ... and have them show up properly in Picasa.

Make sense?

I have searched through the third-party apps and hacks, but haven't quite found what I'm looking for. Can you please help or point me in the right direction?

At your service,
Michael